Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

upper rear trailing arms vn

ybl8te

Reaction score
Members Ride
calis vn v8
what common problems do you have with your car if the upper rear trailing arms have perished the rubber......

what would the car do/handle like.....?????

thanks

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
it can cause a drive line vibration when you exelarate and make the rr feel loose. very easy to change yourself.

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
You can get them bits as a change-over rather than try and install the bushes yourself, you'll certainly get vibration when accelerating hard, particularly in reverse. Also snap-oversteer was my experience, driving along fine, go round a tight corner at a perfectly reasonable speed and suddenly your facing back the way you came.

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
Depending on how bad they are you may also get an annoying clunking sound particularly when going over speed bumps and rough roads and stuff like that

Lost_Pete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
I found it was mainly clunks and groans. After changing them the back felt better and less likely to step out.

If they haven't been changed before then they are probably worn. You should check the lower arms as well as they seem to wear more.

In any case changing them with arms pre-fitted with bushes is easy and reasonably low cost.

spac89

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s pac
what common problems do you have with your car if the upper rear trailing arms have perished the rubber......

what would the car do/handle like.....?????

thanks
mine use to swerve everywhere in the back like if you were drunk

bedman

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp wagon
I am in the process of buying the bushes to do the whole rear end of my vp wagon. So far i have bought the top (small) trailing arms ($100) and the Panhard bar ($25) bushes. And the shop said if i pull out the lower trailing arms and buy the bushes they would push them in for free while i wait.!!

ybl8te

Reaction score
Members Ride
calis vn v8
changed my upper arms yesterday - how easy are they - any way what a difference.....drive in a straight line now for a start, even when i put it in reverse i felt the difference straight away, no drive line vibration......considering on both old uppers when pulled out the centre steel pins fell straight out on the ground...bad i know