Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Used VR/VS's...how many km is too many?

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
770,000 kilometres is too many. I used to own a VS series 2 excecutive which was an ex cop car and an ex taxi. Hence the high kilometres.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
drewins said:
770,000 kilometres is too many. I used to own a VS series 2 excecutive which was an ex cop car and an ex taxi. Hence the high kilometres.

alright this is going to go against my point but thats's just crazy...!

anyway...they say "it's not what you've got...it's how you keep it"...if its been well looked after then I can't see why not. Just make sure that you keep looking after it...

B

built4girls

Brought my 97 VS 5 speed a couple of months ago for $7000 with only 109kms on clock!

hawksdomain

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
I bought my 95 VR a year and a half ago with only 92,000 on the clock - still runs like a dream now and it's up to 114,000.

I think as long as you know that it has been serviced regularly and you get the car checked out before you buy you should be fine.

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
I'm serious though it has had an engine change. But everthing else has done 770,000 kays

F

flipsyde

hey, my vs has done 215,000 and still goin pretty hard. but not as hard as me old VL i use to own dat had done a genuine 68,000ks. now dat went hard boi blowin some clapped out V8s.. till i wrapped it round a fence :(

F

flipsyde

also u cant get warranty on any car from a dealer dat has done over 180,000 ks new law.

Blakie

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Exec
my VR exec has done 231,000, engine seems to run fine but the gearbox is slipping now i think it should be something to check with so many k's, unluckily even mechanics didnt say anything about the gearbox! has a full service history tho and came with the book n all