Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Using Manual Box With Auto ECU

djdanielb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Vr V6 Stroker
hey there guys, about to do a Conversion from a auto box that is giving me absolute hell,

Is it possible to use the auto Computer with A 5 speed manual T5 Box and if so does anyone have a how to or instructions for it, i have heard there is a way with some re-wiring of the auto loom on the box end but not sure how,

Input greately appreciated

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
better to repin the ecu plug to suit an 808 ecu then it will work properly using the auto ecu does work but it has a few issues due to the ecu not seeing the speedo pulses messes with idle control and decel fuel cut and with economy theres a right up on the other site of how to repin the ecu plugs to suit

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
standard vn-vp ecu its the same as a vr manual ecu just doesnt have high speed aldl but can be used in place of the vr manual ecu it wires in just the same as vr manual as well

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
I'm still running my auto computer and loom. Converted to the T5 manual from the Auto. No light on the dash, no stalling problems nothing, runs sweet.

Need to muck around a bit, the neutral switch wiring has to be soldered together to allow the car to start, reverse light wires need to be extended and the VSS needs to be wired up.

It should all be on the guide