Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

UTE owners. What are your tray setups like?

Vxcalaisv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder L98
I know the liners are fantastic for keeping everything you put in the back from marking it, but I found they chafe the friggin **** out of the paint, so this time round I went for the OEM mat and tailgate liner. Paint is the same as day one. I found using a couple of large polystyrene box,s with lids from the local fruit shop are ideal for holding stuff in them and come in handy when carting frozen **** home when shopping or putting some drinks and ice in them when going on a run, and the buggers don't slide around, cheers
Great idea with the styro boxes!

Iman

VZ SSZ Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Dude please explain in complete detail how to do that. That's awesome and so handy to have if camping!

Hey Buddy, It is quite easy and doesn't drain my battery at all. This is going to be brief, ill take some pictures afterwards so it makes more sense.
Simple buy some LED Strips off eBay or where ever locally. I believe I bought 3 meters and had extra to cut off. It has a adhesive backing to stick on the tray sides (clean the tray sides before sticking them on)
Basically this LED Strip - Ebay
I got some twin core wire from work and fed it through the baby seat latch hole (removed the baby seat latch)
Wired it into my Sub power and ground which is located on the amp behind my passanger seat (was too lazy to wire it to the battery etc) wired a light up switch using basic electronic knowledge [nothing special lol]
Hid all the wires in conduct and tucked it, You cant see it once the seat is back to rest. It was honestly a lazy set up but it works a treat. Lights up my whole front yard/street.

2h3tnp3.jpg

210azbm.jpg

72vw3s.jpg

2e54l0z.jpg

Bagginvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz ute
Anyone put custom tie points in there trays. The stock ones are ****, too high up weak as piss

Vxcalaisv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder L98
Hey Buddy, It is quite easy and doesn't drain my battery at all. This is going to be brief, ill take some pictures afterwards so it makes more sense.
Simple buy some LED Strips off eBay or where ever locally. I believe I bought 3 meters and had extra to cut off. It has a adhesive backing to stick on the tray sides (clean the tray sides before sticking them on)
Basically this LED Strip - Ebay
I got some twin core wire from work and fed it through the baby seat latch hole (removed the baby seat latch)
Wired it into my Sub power and ground which is located on the amp behind my passanger seat (was too lazy to wire it to the battery etc) wired a light up switch using basic electronic knowledge [nothing special lol]
Hid all the wires in conduct and tucked it, You cant see it once the seat is back to rest. It was honestly a lazy set up but it works a treat. Lights up my whole front yard/street.

2h3tnp3.jpg

210azbm.jpg

72vw3s.jpg

2e54l0z.jpg

Wow thanks mate. that's next on the list i think, bloody awesome.