Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 mafless tune

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
hi all
anyone know if a vt v6 ecotec can have a mafless tune
ie the air flow meter unplugged/removed?

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
yeah, has been done on mine. you need to replace it with a MAP sensor. Chiptorque in QLD did mine but by what the invoice said it seems to be a kalmaker item. they plug the MAP sensor in the wires where the EGR goes.

vt_on_20s

vt gone ve s2 ss ute now!
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss s2 ute
how much did that set you back?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
correct, kalmaker now do a mafless tune for the ecotec. you will need to have a map sensor fitted and wired up and a retune done to suit

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Kalmaker is what is used to retune standard computers in vs commodores (and others) I take it?

Is the process described using an ecotec computer with a MAP sensor instead of MAF or is it still a case of converting to a VR style ECU?

bundysmurf

USEF!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Very interesting.....how much??

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
It cost around $1500 include the tune,Ive been thinking bout it for awhile but dont know how much more power it would get,

Commotion

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WRX
Yeah it cost me $1500 including all the parts and the tune, aparently mine was the first one they done. its pretty much critical for turbocharging cause the air flow meters can be maxed out pretty quickly and the genIII ones arent much better. but for superchargers its not as critical as even if the air flow meter is maxed out the pressure generated from a blower is predictable so then can ignore the air flow meter at high rpm and just run off throttle position and engine rpm. its prob not worth it for NA cars but forced induction will benifit from it.

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
Yeah it cost me $1500 including all the parts and the tune, aparently mine was the first one they done. its pretty much critical for turbocharging cause the air flow meters can be maxed out pretty quickly and the genIII ones arent much better. but for superchargers its not as critical as even if the air flow meter is maxed out the pressure generated from a blower is predictable so then can ignore the air flow meter at high rpm and just run off throttle position and engine rpm. its prob not worth it for NA cars but forced induction will benefit from it.

So I take yours is running FI? and is not N/A. I thought it was not necessary for FI if you get yourself a 2 bar or 3 bar (depending on how much boost your motor is gonna be built for ) MAF Sensor. Correct me if im wrong.