Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 stroker? wat sort of power is expected?

Cashaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
My point is that power means nothing. People are too obsessed with how much power they can make when it is irrelevent. Power might win arguments, but torque wins races.

Even though you are being completly derogatory and condescending with the use of questioning peoples dick size and making the generalisation that "everybody" is fascinated with power, I agree Tourque wins races.

shnap2nd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BERLINA MANUAL
one and only 2004 am now looking at forced induction but supercharging capa do a kit for the vn - vr v6 for $7500 bit above my budget but i think i can cope with that better start saving with a stock motor they put out 240kw+ so thats wat i want. but of coarse i understand torque wins races

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Just keep in mind that when you supercharge this engine you'll need to then upgrade everything else in the car - a stock spec V6 commodore isn't going to like having 240kw running through it....
So it's going to end up costing alot more than $7500 - not trying to deter you at all, just keep that in mind when budgeting.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Even though you are being completly derogatory and condescending with the use of questioning peoples dick size and making the generalisation that "everybody" is fascinated with power, I agree Tourque wins races.

And that just reinforces my point.

People don't ask how much torque is expected or how quick their car is expected to be with certain mods, they ask how much power will they make. It doesn't really matter because a car that "makes" 300kW can be slower than one that "makes" 200kW.

And I was generalizing, yes, because feelings of inadequacy often lead to compensation with large or "powerful" engines.

Cashaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
And that just reinforces my point.

People don't ask how much torque is expected or how quick their car is expected to be with certain mods, they ask how much power will they make. It doesn't really matter because a car that "makes" 300kW can be slower than one that "makes" 200kW.

And I was generalizing, yes, because feelings of inadequacy often lead to compensation with large or "powerful" engines.

A theory in which I do not understand. The methaphor
relating to the over compensation due to having a big motor which makes an abundance of power I understand.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I partially agree with all and add my own tangent, driveability is what its all about.
If you were building a track or drag car, then high power and peaky torque figures are ok, useless on the street.

IMO if you're set on an N/A engine, go stroker.
If you want forced induction, go with a PD charger.
I have an Eaton M90 with a water to air cooler on my V6 and it is absolutely fantastic.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
one and only 2004 am now looking at forced induction but supercharging capa do a kit for the vn - vr v6 for $7500 bit above my budget but i think i can cope with that better start saving with a stock motor they put out 240kw+ so thats wat i want. but of coarse i understand torque wins races

If you're after something cheaper and still awesome the site sponsor Raptor Superchargers does a full kit for commodores. I've got an intercooled setup on mine and it definitely gave the old girl a bit more poke..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A theory in which I do not understand. The methaphor
relating to the over compensation due to having a big motor which makes an abundance of power I understand.

Compensating for a small penis with a large engine or one with a high power reading.

Oh, and motors, whether big or small don't make power, they produce torque which is converted to a power figure.

Power from an engine is basically a made up expression to equate the work that an engine can do to that of a horse. It was used to put an engines output in terms that people of the day could relate to. Over the course of time it was used to rate an engine as a selling tool. Even now there is nothing that can actually measure an engines output in terms of power, only torque. This figure is used in a mathematical equation to produce the "imaginary" power figure.

Cashaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Compensating for a small penis with a large engine or one with a high power reading.

Oh, and motors, whether big or small don't make power, they produce torque which is converted to a power figure.

Power from an engine is basically a made up expression to equate the work that an engine can do to that of a horse. It was used to put an engines output in terms that people of the day could relate to. Over the course of time it was used to rate an engine as a selling tool. Even now there is nothing that can actually measure an engines output in terms of power, only torque. This figure is used in a mathematical equation to produce the "imaginary" power figure.

Therefore "Power, kw, rwkw" terms are all made redudant due being irrelevent figures which cannot actually be measured, thus approximents. I agree with your defenition.