Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 to v8 or keep it six so on so on

Discussion in 'Just Commodores Polls' started by G01denbuick, Feb 21, 2017.

1. G01denbuick

G01denbuick New Member

Members Ride:
    Vp 3.8
    Hey all got a couple of vps around my place I'm pulling apart one and not sure where to go with it.And i have a another one which is for work. Any ideas to get the vp that I'm pulling apart would be awesome , I'm hoping to make it 10 second ride yeah. Soo if I was to keep it v6 what would be the best way or if I went down the v8 lane where to start so many v8s now days it's hard to choose . Any ideas/ suggestions would be great thanks in advance

2. Brettly-2008

Brettly-2008 Member

Members Ride:
    WM Statesman
    You'd want a very serious set-up and likely a couple of turbos to run 10s with a V6. A stroker 355 would be the easiest in terms of not having to mess around too much with conversions, but even a 355 needs to be pretty stout to dip into the 10s. LS1 is easier again but it's a full conversion job long before you even start modifying it for 500+hp. Then there's a 10s driveline to consider. I'd aim for 14s and have way more fun/less cash/less stress.

3. harrop.senator

harrop.senator Member

Members Ride:
    vr senator 355, vu 5 speed l67
    Vn series 1 manifolds are mild steel run a pipe around the rear to come up the passenger side and connect with that header for a big single turbo.

Youre going to need a cage, slicks, front runners , and a lot of motor to run twelve. Unless youve got a whole lot of cash id just throw a small stall at it 3.7's and a single t04e,b , hx35 or gt35r and 12 psi at it and keep throwing $200 buicks in evwrytime one goes bang.

It'll run 12s all day if set up correctly and a 12 second car is a pretty quick street car youll go toe to toe with new lsa gts commodores.

To put it into perspective my daily bike runs tens with a good rider and youre talking 0-100 in 2.5 seconds and things get blurry real quick with a top speed o 292. If youve never been in or on somwthing that runs tens, you dont need tens.

4. harrop.senator

harrop.senator Member

Members Ride:
    vr senator 355, vu 5 speed l67
    Vn series 1 manifolds are mild steel run a pipe around the rear to come up the passenger side and connect with that header for a big single turbo.

Youre going to need a cage, slicks, front runners , and a lot of motor to run twelve. Unless youve got a whole lot of cash id just throw a small stall at it 3.7's and a single t04e,b , hx35 or gt35r and 12 psi at it and keep throwing $200 buicks in every time one goes bang.

It'll run 12s all day if set up correctly and a 12 second car is a pretty quick street car youll go toe to toe with new lsa gts commodores.

To put it into perspective my daily bike runs tens with a good rider and youre talking 0-100 in 2.5 seconds and things get blurry real quick with a top speed o 292. If youve never been in or on something that runs tens you dont need tens.

It'll practically be a trailer queen very unstreetable and use 5 litres of fuel idling up to operstinh temperature.