Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v8 killer in a sv6

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Cheers mate,
Seems hes done all the work than just throws his work away for people looking into cam regrinds.
I wanna do some regrinds rather than billets no point really, regrinds with nitrate coated are fine.
BUT arnt all his cams only showing gains above like 6 grand and than rev limited at 6300?

I heard it was 5000? With cams on the alloytec you can change the rev limit to around 9000rpm.

Imagine that, a supercharged sv6 hitting 9000rpm! B:bomb:

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
I heard it was 5000? With cams on the alloytec you can change the rev limit to around 9000rpm.

Imagine that, a supercharged sv6 hitting 9000rpm! B:bomb:

Yeah he hasnt got dyno graphs for just cams only the worked engine with after market ECU so its hard to see the gain.

Yeah im sure some sort of underdrive would be needed to stop the alternator implodeing.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
Yeah he hasnt got dyno graphs for just cams only the worked engine with after market ECU so its hard to see the gain.

Yeah im sure some sort of underdrive would be needed to stop the alternator implodeing.

I agree there is probably alott of little things you would have to consider that they dont tell you about, its something that would be trial and error and need alott of research..
DOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT..
Im sick of the same old V8 wank story, i wonder what they would of said when the skylines were frying gt's and v8's of that time at bathurst.
I wonder what they will say when they go up against a stock R35 and get fryed

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
I agree there is probably alott of little things you would have to consider that they dont tell you about, its something that would be trial and error and need alott of research..
DOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT..
Im sick of the same old V8 wank story, i wonder what they would of said when the skylines were frying gt's and v8's of that time at bathurst.
I wonder what they will say when they go up against a stock R35 and get fryed

Yeah i to an over the "buy a v8" story, its crap this is a commodores fourm not a v8 one.

LJ torries back in the days 6 CYL kicking v8's,

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
the old 6 pack dodge chargers, with the triple webber carbies. i do believe they are still the fastest production 6 in australia?