Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 super cars front wheel camber?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ You would be surprised at how many people will argue that you can't have camber on a live axle rear end.

You'd be surprised how unsurprised I would be.

I'm a mod on a Holden forum, I see people arguing dumb **** all the time... :D

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
^^^ You would be surprised at how many people will argue that you can't have camber on a live axle rear end.

You can't on your stock commodore, but when you're running full floating hubs you can have camber on a live axle

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
You can't on your stock commodore, but when you're running full floating hubs you can have camber on a live axle

Not long now!!!

walkahz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Wagon
Can too put neg camber into a stock rear axle....... Thats what the workshop press is for:idea3: Can get about 1deg into it before you load the bearings too much... or so im told.

Jesterarts described camber well however there is also the "tucking"(due to sidewall stiffness) of the tyre that comes into settings.

Throw into the mix double suspension springs and other goodies all make a supercar crazy to set up:bomb:

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Can too put neg camber into a stock rear axle....... Thats what the workshop press is for:idea3: Can get about 1deg into it before you load the bearings too much... or so im told.

Jesterarts described camber well however there is also the "tucking"(due to sidewall stiffness) of the tyre that comes into settings.

Throw into the mix double suspension springs and other goodies all make a supercar crazy to set up:bomb:

That would #### the axles wouldnt it?

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
i wanna add my two cents, iv thrown massive amounts of camber at my machine, but difference is mines a drifter, and iv found that on opposite lock the castor tends to give the inside wheel (when turning either direction) positive camber, and when ur sideways, running on the sidewall of the tire is never good for it, so by running mega neg camber it ends up fairly neutral and quite square to the road on opposite lock.

heres some pics.

heres what becomes the outside wheel when drifting, notice the almost straight up n down-ness.

10052011769.jpg

and then, straight on, you can see just how much negative camber i actually have.

20042011716.jpg