Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Value for money splits?

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
still deliberating...

Hey yeah i already got the 6*9's, and at that stage i was only looking at that shallow type sub. Now after extensive reading i realised their applications were better suited to space - conscious applications ie utes.
That said, i picked up 2x cadence 12" 350wrms 4 ohm subs in vented box for a pretty decent price last week. One question about that: the plate bolted to the side of the box says 350wrms each, but me being my enquisitive little self, i had a squizz inside the box at the back of the subs and they read 300wrms. Does this mean they should only really be amped at 350wrms max? Or would 10% within 350wrms be alright (i found an amp that can do 380wrms x2)??
Anyways back to the fronts... those scosche HDX67's look freakin sweet for the price, but 6.75"? I'm not even sure that 6.5"'s would fit in my door pods (VS). Could you PM me some prices on both of those pioneer units too? I could get away with running them off my H/U, yeah? (50w x4). Sorry for so many q's but my head is a bit :wax: atm lol

Cheers

Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
Hey yeah i already got the 6*9's, and at that stage i was only looking at that shallow type sub. Now after extensive reading i realised their applications were better suited to space - conscious applications ie utes.
That said, i picked up 2x cadence 12" 350wrms 4 ohm subs in vented box for a pretty decent price last week. One question about that: the plate bolted to the side of the box says 350wrms each, but me being my enquisitive little self, i had a squizz inside the box at the back of the subs and they read 300wrms. Does this mean they should only really be amped at 350wrms max? Or would 10% within 350wrms be alright (i found an amp that can do 380wrms x2)??
Anyways back to the fronts... those scosche HDX67's look freakin sweet for the price, but 6.75"? I'm not even sure that 6.5"'s would fit in my door pods (VS). Could you PM me some prices on both of those pioneer units too? I could get away with running them off my H/U, yeah? (50w x4). Sorry for so many q's but my head is a bit :wax: atm lol

Cheers

The HDX-67 are fitment of 61/4 to 6-1/2 they are 6.5" so fitment is not a problem..

300RMS would be the GO! though there is no harm in running a bigger amp -- more is better! at least it wont clip

We have the HD7004 and HD5001 for $269.00 a piece at the moment as well the HD5001 is a mono rated to 800RMS .

I'll pm you now!