Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Value of VFII Commodores & Gen-F2 in the future?

What do ya reckon?

• Price will drop

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Price will increase

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

XR_Strider_GuY

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN F2 SV Black
The classic car scene has been around for ages and will continue to do so. Remember true classic car owners are not common fair and contrary to belief, it costs for the up keep, the need for a garage space, having wheels there with low kms and not a mode of transport can prove challenging. In 12 years from now (despite good intentions) many people's situation change. If there is no bread on the table, the $40-60k future classic will have to go.

In 2030, a low km minter example SS/SSV/Redline will hold the same retail money as now. Note I said, minters. True minters. HSV cars depending on their limited build will also hold and go up in value.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
In 2030, a low km minter example SS/SSV/Redline will hold the same retail money as now. Note I said, minters. True minters. HSV cars depending on their limited build will also hold and go up in value.

I'm not sure that I share your optimism for the potential future value of these cars - but we'll just have to wait and see

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Well, I am totally uninterested in residual value of this, my last Aussie built Commodore. I intend to drive it as long as I can keep it going. I don't see it as an investment in any fashion. It is a lifestyle issue.

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Not really sure what point/s you're making Forg? It's a small mkt segment. Not aimed at soccer Mum's. But, re the 80/20 metro v country stats though, I'd reckon a much higher proportion of sales in Country area's are V8's. Added bonus is we really get to enjoy them too. Not mainly idling along in traffic, staring at the avg fuel used readings. In future demand for used one's in regional areas will remain strong when compared to city areas, I think.
But, the bottom line for me is:
A) These cars are not an investment. I think they will depreciate at a slower rate. But they will depreciate. The rarer and more desireable ones may buck the trend;
B) I'm not bothered either way. It's value to me is in how much I enjoy it. Not what it's worth;
C) If you want to invest $70k, go for property or shares.
Hey Cuda, point A,B, & C all pretty spot on mate, we all invest in many things, house, car, ( wife / partner ) a really good Bed are just a few, my theory is ......if you spend a lot of time in it, you might as well make it Enjoyable eg; house, car, bed, wi.........you get the idea
We all invest in so many ways, the cost is irrelevant, some pay back financially, most don't, bottom line........if it makes you feel good, it's a bloody great investment

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hey Cuda, point A,B, & C all pretty spot on mate, we all invest in many things, house, car, ( wife / partner ) a really good Bed are just a few, my theory is ......if you spend a lot of time in it, you might as well make it Enjoyable eg; house, car, bed, wi.........you get the idea
We all invest in so many ways, the cost is irrelevant, some pay back financially, most don't, bottom line........if it makes you feel good, it's a bloody great investment
Haha.
Yeah I agree mate. Buying one of these cars is not an economic rationalist's investment decision. It's a lifestyle choice!

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
They tick most the boxes to be collectable and worth something in the future - historical significance, unique - but lack the scarcity. Meet back here in 30 years and see who was right :)
I'm afraid I will be extremely scarce in 30 years, pmsl, if I have the opportunity to meet anyone, anywhere then, trust me, I'll be there with bells on in my Trusty old Director, and guess what ? I won't give a s#*t what it's worth