Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VC Resto - 1JZ GTE - Lemon

Callum14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore
I thought the pressings (lumps) on strut tower tops added strength to the strut tower tops?
If so why remove the strength, for fashion?

Yeh this was my thoughts i.e. strength. Not that it'd say it'd make a dramatic difference, however I don't mind the factory bumps / ripples

Callum14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore
So I said I wanted to go 308, then 304, then LS. Well I’ve changed my mind now and decided I’d give the whole 1JZ thing a go

Bought this 1JZ GTE VVTI engine locally with no hot side. Plan on getting it refreshed

7A34EB32-5A88-460F-9BD6-1D3D4A8B2FCF.jpeg

Reactions: Lex

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Not a bad choice & not seen for ages although was a few 1j or 2j conversions mainly in vr-vs before ls craze took off.

Was a silly manual 1j vs ute that I remember think it did low 10's...looked liked driver needed new undies every run trying to satay in one lane haha

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
Hmmm, interesting curve ball.

So a bit of boost or max rpm?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That bump in the drivers side shock tower is there for a reason but not a structural one. I saw it somewhere a week or two ago, and I don’t recall the exact details :(
It was something to do with the Opel and that area has something that fits in the engine bay in that area.
What was the really fast version in Europe? Not Opel but some other manufacturer.

H

harrop.senator

That bump in the drivers side shock tower is there for a reason but not a structural one. I saw it somewhere a week or two ago, and I don’t recall the exact details :(
It was something to do with the Opel and that area has something that fits in the engine bay in that area.
What was the really fast version in Europe? Not Opel but some other manufacturer.

Lotus Carlton?

H

harrop.senator

Bit of boost I reckon. Got no specific goals power wise

I thought the Resto was pricey enough. The price of jz motors is absolutely nuts at the moment. Going to do a tr6060 or a340? Auto. Think that's the auto for them. 6k for a turbo 6 speed box isn't my idea of cricket.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Its part of the original air cleaner then later injection part on Opels. Nothing more.