Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM Suite

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
How many of you have VCM Suite for your Alloytec's?

I'm looking to buy VCM for my Exec and have a good play.

Just wanting to know peoples thoughts and experiences
on VCM before I purchase.

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Auto 128rwkw, VZ V6 Lumina wagon stock
Make that two of us, i'm thinking about doing the same thing and are interested in peoples opinions who have purchased said item and done tuning themselves ;)

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
yup got it. as for 'experiences' ........... depends on intelligence of the 'self tuner' if you ask me.

Either way, it's a learning curve. Wouldn't recommend anyone with a VZ SV6 bother buying it........ your stuck with a crappy gearbox you cant tune........ = slower then a tuned exec.

* my opinion

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
Thanks. I was quoted $950 for the kit.
Yes. It will be a steep learning curve no doubt.
I have been reading posts on hptuners.com site
to get me up to speed.
Lucky I have the 4L60. Yipee!

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the 5sp is supposed to be supported now, although, i tryied one and it wouldnt communicate with the 5sp tcm

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Either way, it's a learning curve. Wouldn't recommend anyone with a VZ SV6 bother buying it........ your stuck with a crappy gearbox you cant tune........ = slower then a tuned exec.

id beg the differ, if the cam timing is set right being able to adjust the int and ext, they should scream, gearbox shifts aint gonna make a car more powerfull

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
real men drive manuals either way.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
real men drive manuals either way.

Amen to that LOL!

But they tune, for me, is more about fuel economy than any actual performance gains.
I got a bit of extra torque so it goes off the mark a bit quicker, but there's no substantial difference.
Fuel economy has dropped by about 1l/100km, which I guess saves $10 a fill-up, means its 100 fill ups before you start getting benefits (mine's cost $1000).

In short, if I had my time again, knowing the effects, what I still do it? Probably not, put it aside for the E-Series GTS.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
gearbox shifts wont make a car more powerful....... perhaps in terms of kw's........ overall sure. but take the exec 'for example'.

The transmission 'torque reduction' table........ 15, 50, 100 ......... reduction....... changing it to say 10, 40, then from say 60-100 upto the 6100rpm range........... change down ur gear see how much more the car takes off......... same with disabling the Tq Mgt Inhibiter

SV6......... cant do that, stuck with the gearbox telling the engine how it is. 'not how u want it to be'.

If you can work with the transmission now then yes 'no problem' but if u cant....... I still say the SV6 still sucks because of that 1 factor.

If you could adjust the gearbox in a SV6 then 'it would scream'.........

***.... What would be great is if everyone chucked their stock VZ tunes into the HP Repository or even up on the forums here......... so we all can compare.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
the gearbox torque reduction table is only used when a gear change signal is active, and is only reducing torque for probably half a second, it does this to protect the gearbox from full power gearshift, yes on down shift on power it migh feel snappy, but if its reduced to much it gives a really bad 1st-2nd upshift change, as the box struggles to shift and the shift takes too long

gearbox shifts wont make a car more powerful....... perhaps in terms of kw's........ overall sure. but take the exec 'for example'.

The transmission 'torque reduction' table........ 15, 50, 100 ......... reduction....... changing it to say 10, 40, then from say 60-100 upto the 6100rpm range........... change down ur gear see how much more the car takes off......... same with disabling the Tq Mgt Inhibiter

SV6......... cant do that, stuck with the gearbox telling the engine how it is. 'not how u want it to be'.

If you can work with the transmission now then yes 'no problem' but if u cant....... I still say the SV6 still sucks because of that 1 factor.

If you could adjust the gearbox in a SV6 then 'it would scream'.........

***.... What would be great is if everyone chucked their stock VZ tunes into the HP Repository or even up on the forums here......... so we all can compare.