Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Air Con Compressor Replacement [Quote Conformation]

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hello All,

I have tried looking online and through the forum but can't find a definitive answer.

Basically I wen't to get my AC regassed after purchasing the car and they have told me I need to replace:
Compressor: $540.91
Condenser: $218.18
Pressure Switch: $63.64

Due to 'found compressor & pressure switch are both needing to be replaced', they told me the compressor is leaking.

I just want to confirm that all I need to replace is the Compressor & Pressure Switch, After doing some research I don't think the condenser should have to be replaced even though they quoted me a condenser?

Can anyone confirm that all I need to get is the Compressor and Pressure Switch(and O'rings of course)?

Reason I ask is because I found someone wrecking a VE so I will get the parts from him.

Thanks for your time! :)

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Condenser no..

Try to get a second opinion and quote

Tell next that compressor maybe leaking and see what they say

Kev4028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Imo mate when you have to spend anything above 200 bucks for a car it's always good to get a quote from someone else or checked the car by someone else dont mention what needs to be replaced etc. Just get him to have a look it'll cost you $50 say 100 tops but still if you want to trust his words and replace those parts will cost you (ebay)
compressor brand new $500+25 postage
Second hand $100~200 postage inc.

Condensor brand new $135+25 postage

And around $60 for the pressure switch.

Anyway if you don't want to spend too much money on your car or go thru all that hassle you can just get anyone to refill your gass and see if it's leaking, it'll again cost around $100 and you can test it yourself if it's leaking then you can proceed to change the parts but the condensor parts is kinda fishy i think he just wants to change everything to make sure there are no problems but at the ened of the day it's your call mate.

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
@ Kev4028 They did try fill it but said it came straight out of the compressor.
Yeah I might just get the Compressor and Pressure Switch because looks like either way I will need it, I will install those and get it regassed and then see if there is still a problem.

I just wasn't 100% sure if there was some reason with the VE's that the condenser had to be replaced at the same time.

Found someone wrecking a good VE omega S1, mine is a VE S1 SV6 so I am getting:

- Aerial with base
- Sun visor clips (broke mine taking them off)
- Hand break plastic
- Clockspring (behind steering wheel)
- AC Compressor (if cheap enough)
- Dryer & Pressure Switch

From what I have read, all those parts will match up.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
From what I have read, all those parts will match up.

You can double check get Vin numbers of both cars ring Holden ask for part numbers of both cars.

Kev4028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Yea mate eventually every mechanical thing needs to be replaced hopefully changing them should fix your problem and as far as i know omegas and sv6's are pretty similar except engine,interior, suspension and their body kit is a little bit different (my beother owns an omega and i've a sv6 ute) thats how i know. Also if you are getting someone to replace those parts just double check with him so at the end of the day you don't have any headaches and good luck let us know how did it go!

Brock183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thanks Kev!

I will be getting the part's this weekend.

Going to look into how to replace the AC compressor myself and get it re-gassed afterwards, no idea how hard it is on a VE though.
Also need to install a clockspring.