Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE alloytec manifold

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
hey guys ,

just wondering if there would be any advantage making a straight runner intake manifold to replace the upper and lower section of the intake system on a ve alloytec,

i know a performance manifolds make a new top section but for 2 grand and they dont even portmatch the lower section thats extra is a bit steep, when in part you could make a full straight runner for alot less?

IF i was to come up with a new manifold would there be interest in people buying them ? its not going to look stock if you want to retain that look.

Will basicaly be like the custom LS manifold but with only 6 runners and ill be playing around with longer and shorter runners, to find the best gain.

Once i have found a system that works i would have the part mass produced and welded up, if theres enough interest, i can also offer a replacement system on the stock manifold ported, you buy one i send you a ported one you send your old one back.

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
alloytec

Also looking into doing a cross flow style like the walker intake but for the alloytec not ecotec.

Can you just run two throttle bodies off the one input like just splice wires onto the old loom and add another throttle body, wouldnt need the throttle postition feedback loop just the power which controls the throttle body as it would know its postion from the orginal.

KiWi1

11.00@126 Miss dat ****
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dead 11sec VX SS, Defected VP Ute
With only a selected handful workshops doing mods on the Alloytec, i would say wait til cam, heads, testing has been done, before bothering about the flow of the OE manifold.

Simon

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I'd be interested, especially if it provides more performance per dollar. :D

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
With only a selected handful workshops doing mods on the Alloytec, i would say wait til cam, heads, testing has been done, before bothering about the flow of the OE manifold.

Simon

No one has interest in alloytecs i was on teh for front with so many worlshops in trying to do research but they all fell through many with teh lack of support with tuning, so my only option have be n/a old school mods, like port polishing or custom parts

KiWi1

11.00@126 Miss dat ****
Reaction score
Members Ride
Some are testing/tuning the Alloytecs, but no one is really releasing any info on R&D about them, except tuning figures etc

Simon

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Some are testing/tuning the Alloytecs, but no one is really releasing any info on R&D about them, except tuning figures etc

Simon

I know theres cams being tested but at 4 grand for 4 sticks save up some more cash and go FI , but im getting the most out of my motor N/A befor thinking about FI, 2 grand for a stock looking manifold. They show good results but, its just the mass market that make things cheap, i already have a few comanys that will mass press all the parts needed in aliminuim, than just the welding side of things i just need to guage a level of interest and all savings will be passed on,

Its not good enough to say oh wait things are in R&D when people dont keep us updated, my biggest fight is with the tuning support from VCM instead of following on with alloytecs as they said they have seen better interest in teh over seas market.

Cams are a great upgrade but not being tunable with a 08 model ute is no good and my only other option is piggy back ecu with fuel and air only

KiWi1

11.00@126 Miss dat ****
Reaction score
Members Ride
Agreed FI is another option of N/A especially with 4 cams and liuke 1000 valves. I hate pulling them apart and putting them together.

I dont deal with too much V6 Alloytec engines, mainly V8's SBC, BBC, LS1/2's etc. I work on heads and cams, not FI

Simon

pt72supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 Single Turbo Supra
I'd be interested.
I'm in the process of working on a straight runner esque manifold myself. There would be significan't gains as well...

My application is FWD though here in the states, we run the "190" in our daily driver sedans. We even have an "205"KW Alloytec. Which consists of different heads, exhaust cam, and intake manifold. These are ran in the SUVs here.

The issue with the straight runners manifolds though is the clearance on the hood. I've though about running two separate plenums, but I'm unsure how to get the dual TB DBW to work. Do you have any ideas?

You'd also have to run a single MAF split into two throttle bodies, but it would significantly improve throttle response. Not to menion you could buy a larger MAF and tune it with HP Tuners, to recalibrate the flow just giving you some extra CFMs.

I've found out that once you hit around 290 horsepower, You're leaving about 12 horse on the table with the stock TB and MAF. I'd say thats pretty significant especially since We only need another 100 CFM of flow to get that back...

OH.. I forgot.

The biggest issue for running an aftermarket intake manifold is the replacement of the lower runners. You have a choice, make billet flanges, with hopefully the exact fit for the injectors, and relocate all the bolts. OR, if you have it as all one piece, you may not have enough space to bolt on the runners once you get it in the motor.

You won't have access to the bolts in any way that I can see.

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
I'd be interested.
I'm in the process of working on a straight runner esque manifold myself. There would be significan't gains as well...

My application is FWD though here in the states, we run the "190" in our daily driver sedans. We even have an "205"KW Alloytec. Which consists of different heads, exhaust cam, and intake manifold. These are ran in the SUVs here.

The issue with the straight runners manifolds though is the clearance on the hood. I've though about running two separate plenums, but I'm unsure how to get the dual TB DBW to work. Do you have any ideas?

You'd also have to run a single MAF split into two throttle bodies, but it would significantly improve throttle response. Not to menion you could buy a larger MAF and tune it with HP Tuners, to recalibrate the flow just giving you some extra CFMs.

I've found out that once you hit around 290 horsepower, You're leaving about 12 horse on the table with the stock TB and MAF. I'd say thats pretty significant especially since We only need another 100 CFM of flow to get that back...

OH.. I forgot.

The biggest issue for running an aftermarket intake manifold is the replacement of the lower runners. You have a choice, make billet flanges, with hopefully the exact fit for the injectors, and relocate all the bolts. OR, if you have it as all one piece, you may not have enough space to bolt on the runners once you get it in the motor.

You won't have access to the bolts in any way that I can see.

Im Unsure of the injector issue ill have a look tomorrow, as for running dual throttle body one way around it is to run maf bolted the throttle body than just run pipes to both plenums, im goign to be port/polihsing my stock manifold tomorrow just smoothing out the rough cast and punching it out a mil in all ports.

Also changing to NGK plugs and a new intake setup same as my old OTR but out of fiberglass with a bigger panel filter.
Going to take measurements for the flanges tomorrow and see about the bolting issue, if the porting of stock manifold is effective i will buy some manifolds off crashed cars and start porting them for sale will be a return system i send you the new one and you send your old one back, ill see how much works in it but im thinking $250 plus postage is reasonable.

Would any one be interested in a porting service to stock manifold?

Im interested in the 205kw alloytec ? any chance of you getting me heads cams and intake out of one of these and how can u run these motors in FWD?