Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Clubsport R8- Clutch?

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
Well, they are either putting in a VZ clutch if the car is undrive-able, or if the car can be driven, like myn, they will be putting in a heavy duty ceramic clutch, available in about 10 weeks time.

I think it might be the same clutch that is in the W427?

Is the heavy duty ceramic clutch just for the HSV models or does the SV6/SS/SSV get them too if they're rooted?

demo9pro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport R8
Got the info direct from holden (brian gardner)

Went into the service department, she sticks her head out the door, see's its a HSV and knows what the problem is exactly.

I dont think it comply's to normal holdens, just the HSV's, worth a look into tho.

FATfatboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV M6 ute
VE clutch issue

Hi guys. Clutch sticking problem is not a one off with VE. As redvess says, look at LS1 forum for VE clutch sticking. Mine (Nov 07 VE SSV ute, M6) has been a problem since new. Had VZ clutch fitted by dealer under warranty a few months ago, as car was almost undriveable. Waiting for proper fix still. Now, just treat it very gently-might as well have a V6. Even with the VZ clutch, I've done one hard launch, and the clutch pedal pulled away from from my foot, and it kept slipping until I backed off-which was pretty soon! If any of you guys or girls have similar problems, ask your dealer. A clutch is only a consumeable item, and therefore not covered by warranty, if it fails due to abuse, or overuse-not if it's during normal use after only 20,000 odd km.
Cheers, Doc

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV