Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore - What do you think?

DO you like the all new VE Commodore

• Luv it. Going to buy one when they are 4 sale.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • It looks good but I want more info.

Votes: 42 29.8%
  • It may have to grow on me first.

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • I'm a Holden enthusiast. Gotta like it or DAD will kill me.. :)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Hmmm.. Dont like Astras. Whoops, its a Commodore.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Rather get a FORD.. 8-{

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Hot-Rod said:
Syd Homebush had calais, berlina, omega, ss, ssv on display. Like the dual exh on the calais and ss range. Don't like the cheap door handles on the inside and the outside. Don't like the dash on the omega range, looks cheap and ordinary, also the centre audio display is shocking from the drivers seat can't see it in bad sun light directions. Whats with the pop down storage on the roof?. The hand brake design looks shocking. The sound system didn't sound as good as the parents vx . Apart from all this well done Holden. Hope sales increase enough to stay in the field.

You farking idiot! What's with the spamming of the same post in multiple threads!?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Just got back from Smiths of Port Adelaide. very nice car great job by design team. love it when you open the door all the instruments and cluster lights up. also the fuel guage starts up lettn you know how much fuel is avaliable without even inserting they key. love the idea of having stripes on the car either black SV6 with silver or blue SV6 with silver stripes. one thing which i find a bit annoying or i disliked, me being a tall person dont need the seat right up close to the front but they have placed the auto trans right up the front near the centre stack. i sat there for awhile and it felt a bit out of place that you had to reach further to select the gear or move into sports mode. have to say VT-VZ auto was placed in the middle so you didnt have to stretch so far. second point was the boot. i love it thank goodness no more hinge dipping into the boot but.....just doesnt and isnt as wide at the opening as VT-VZ the battery in the back doesnt take up alot of space but it does restrict you with how wide the load can be. the rear seats they are not as comfortable as VT-VZ. Where the join is where the back rest meets the cushion they have placed what looked like a little wedge design going across the join. it was a bit uncomfortable for the bum area as this tends to stick out. great car all round i would still order one. a SV6 optioned to the hilt most likely but with the price I might have another think. It starts out at $40,490 for the auto add all extras like stamp duty dealer delivery rego and it brings it up$45,000 the dealer wrote it out for me. Plus add extras like the 6 disc stacker leather bound gear shift audio upgrade stage 2 alarm system repark assist flip key… it nearly brings the car close to $50,000 I just hope I get a good trade in on my car…….. nah love my VS commodore S to much to get rid of it

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
theyre everything i expected :) friday i got to work on my workplaces demo sv6 and beleive it or not it is very user friendly maintainence wise, only thing i dont like is the back seat its soooo bloody uncomfortable but the interior is awesome, the exterior is awesome and the whole layout is classy/sporty but still simple.
its got my :thumbsup:

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i love it bar the back end may take some getting used to.
and F*ck all of u who say u would rather have a ford go to the damn ford forums before i knock you faces into a wall:bang:

(just kidding) or am i?:D

S

spud308

VE impresses

Hi all,
Went for a test drive of the new VE Calais V6 on Saturday and was very impressed on how it handled:thumbsup: . Our local dealer (Edwards Holden - Narrogin, WA) had a drive day with the Calais, SV6 and a couple of Omega's. Unfortunately there was no V8's on offer. The ride and comfort were A1, although, the 5 speed slusher seemed to hunt for a gear when putting along at 50km/h:confused: . Love the dynamics of the 'active select' manual shifter. It really holds onto those gears for that quick get away:driving: .
One other niggle I found was going over the SV6, after looking in the boot(at the very lame "space saver" tyre), when I went to close the boot it took around half a dozen ever increasing slams to get it to latch shut!:ranting:
Still, all in all it was a pleasing mornings drive, ad I love the interior(especially the Calais), so well done Holden, can't wait for the new Adventra;) or at least SS Wagon so I can update.

Cheers all from Narrogin WA
Spud308:wave:

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
minux said:
Well thats your opinion :) In the flesh it looks liek a BMFord, it is far too euro, the interior is ok, but very bland.

For me to put a car standard on 19's is a bad move away from the family audience.

For me seeing it yesterday made me wish i never seen it. I am defiantly not liking it
i like that 19" part because i'm 16 and yea:thumbsup:
but i don't like it very much

Brumbies 5L

Dont Gossip, Just Torque!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L
Looking at it from the front it looks like a camaroo........ To much inflence from the states????!!!:ranting:

GLD-086

Reaction score
Saw a VE Omega today and it looked pretty good.

I honestly think it just looks like an over-sized Astra, rather then a BA. Like alot of people have said. (In the pics it does though)

Also I was in a shopping centre today and there was a raffle, with a car, as the main prize.

At first I thought it was a VE GTS, but it turned out to be a BMW.:unsure:

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
GLD-086 said:
Saw a VE Omega today and it looked pretty good.

I honestly think it just looks like an over-sized Astra, rather then a BA. Like alot of people have said. (In the pics it does though)
i saw like 3 in one day the other day and i totaly agree with you, but meh they are alright