Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Exhaust compatibility Ute sedan wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
I know all exhausts are interchangeable.

That is sv6 exhaust can fit ss and standard single can fit a double with additions....

So question is will ute muffler only fit ute and vsgon only vagon or are some are cross compatible?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
Also if i change to an exhaust system from v8 is it louder tham sv6,

Also what differences are in muffler config between all models and if known HSV.

I have a Berlina with a single.. So looking at options.

How much louder is each system (stock vs stock on a v6)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
I have seen 2 tips split into two making 4 as in 2 on each side

And i have seen 2 on each side coming out of muffle directly rather than 2 single splitting into two.

Can you tell me which models they come from.

For better flow and not much noise what would you go for.Sv6 as in 2 singles 1 each end (tips)

I also dont want to reduce too much back pressure and cause more noise.

So im leaning towards sv6 two single . Slightly better flow yet not much noise and i doubt fuel increase.

As i sad not sure about the 2 quad ones. I presume 2 tips directly out of thr muffler are the later v8? And would allow the most flow .... Clarify please they are my preference but noise and fuel consumption im conserned with.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
The mufflers with the y-pipe splitting the tips outside of the can come from wagon models (more susceptible to drone) and AFM models (same reason). The dual exits are from pre-AFM autos and manual versions (still not wagon) and are slightly louder, though any difference in flow is negligible. They all flow pretty poorly. The external y-pipe (as opposed to an internal y-pipe on the dual exit mufflers) are the same as the standard V6 mufflers, obviously just with a modified tip. A lot of SV6 owners tend to go for this one. None of the OE mufflers will really increase the flow over what you already have - it's just a matter of appearance.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
The mufflers with the y-pipe splitting the tips outside of the can come from wagon models (more susceptible to drone) and AFM models (same reason). The dual exits are from pre-AFM autos and manual versions (still not wagon) and are slightly louder, though any difference in flow is negligible. They all flow pretty poorly. The external y-pipe (as opposed to an internal y-pipe on the dual exit mufflers) are the same as the standard V6 mufflers, obviously just with a modified tip. A lot of SV6 owners tend to go for this one. None of the OE mufflers will really increase the flow over what you already have - it's just a matter of appearance.

Thank you for the answer.
I have a Berlina non SIDI with a single muffler

I would have though adding and extra muffle from the resinator would take a far amount of mack pressure off.

I appreciate your explanations it is interesting to see where all the mufflers come from.

So last clarification WAGON AND SEDAN are the same ..

UTE is longer tips so dose not fit (as it will look stupid) sedan

brmadmin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventurer @ Ve Sedan hers
Thank you for the answer.
I have a Berlina non SIDI with a single muffler

I would have though adding and extra muffle from the resinator would take a far amount of mack pressure off.

I appreciate your explanations it is interesting to see where all the mufflers come from.

So last clarification WAGON AND SEDAN are the same ..

UTE is longer tips so dose not fit (as it will look stupid) sedan
Apparently its longer in the middle by 96mm

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Apparently its longer in the middle by 96mm
Sedan/wagon mid sections are same length, mufflers are same.
Ute/Caprice mid sections are 96mm longer, mufflers are different. Utes have longer tip extensions.
MY12 utes had repositioned R/H muffler hangers that carried over to VF.