Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Front Wheel Bearings

damirdagsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
My car has done 130k and I think the front wheel bearing is failing. Just about ruled out everything else. Has anyone else had to replace theres and have used BWS brand type bearings. I can get one from Allied Bearings for $90. Im guessing the genuine one form holden is 3-4 times this price.

Theres a small intermittent humming noise coming from the front left handside. Its more noticeable when coasting at about 50km/hr. Ive had new tyres put on a while ago and had wheel alignment done. The mechanic checked it over today and thought he had found the problem He said the tailshaft was hitting the exhaust and he corrected the so called issue.. However on driving away the noise was still there?? Any ideas what it could be apart from bearing. Happy for any advise on problem and feedback on BWS bearings.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
I think ive noticed this humming noise at times to, but once i put more gas on it, the exhaust takes over so cant tell if its still doing this around 50k. I thought it was because of my tyres aint the best.