Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve fuel tank sizes

surfer_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
408 turbo ssv ute
just curious if the sedan and the ute fuel tanks are the same size/shape and more importantly if they have the same fuel bucket. (about to upgrade to intank setup)

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
I have an Omega 3.0 L SIDI sedan - the manul says the tank is 73 litres.
Given the location of the tank, I'd be surprized if the ute and the sedan and the wagon are all identical.
If they're different shapes, they might be a little different in size also.

surfer_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
408 turbo ssv ute
yea im prety sure the tanks are different but i cant find anything on the fuel bucket/pump setups. surely they would be the same, i couldnt imagine holden making them different.

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
best way to discern if there is a difference would be to compare part numbers. Different part numbers = different unit

Vkturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais 6L
Shorty how many kms do you get to tank with that?

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
VK Turbo: when Holden released the SIDI in 2009, they made two claims in their advertising -
that the 3.0 Litre would get 900km; and
that it would get from Sydney to Melbourne without refuelling -
clearly, GM has a different atlas to the rest of us.

Anyway, my best from a full tank was 898 km - all in one day, in Queensland, rain on & off, a lot of roadworks, and I doubt that I ever got above 110 kph - probably averaged about 100 kph.
Before I refuelled, I did the "engineering mode" trick, and it said that I had 0.2 L remaining.
When I refuelled, the bowser said that I added 73.1 L.

D-Diddy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V6
Oil lubricant helps with consumption. I use nulon in the engine and the engine became quieter after a few days, and I get better economy with that oil than anything I've ever used. A clean air filter every 5000kms is the thing to do. e10 is garbage. Go for E85 or BP98 if you can afford premium fuels. e85 will leave a nice smell out the exhaust but check if you car is flex fuel capable. 91 is fine to use everyday, but on long trips put BO98 in. I have 5 litres in the tank now and just clocked over 600 in a tank around adelaide. Spark plugs are platinum plugs so I wouldn't stress about them. If anyone needs codes cleared I've got an OBII device that reads and clears.
Cheers. Hope this clears up a few things

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
OP take a look where the tank is on a sedan and a ute, I doubt they are the same shape. Fill from empty is 73.5 litres. Both are already in-tank setup so curious to know what you are upgrading to?