Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Handbrake Lever

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Hey guys,

The casing around my handbrake lever is broken, anyone know how to replace/fix this?

Cheers guys.

ms_enj

Geek girls are sexy...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega 60th Anniversary
Hey guys,

The casing around my handbrake lever is broken, anyone know how to replace/fix this?

Cheers guys.

All the parts in that area should be available from Holden as spares. Most of them are also fairly cheap.

In saying that, which part is specifically broken? Can you post a pic?

Off the top of my head there are 4 or 5 parts that make up the part surrounding the handbrake.

I can give you the instructions from the manual if I know which part needs replacing. :spot on:

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
All the parts in that area should be available from Holden as spares. Most of them are also fairly cheap.

In saying that, which part is specifically broken? Can you post a pic?

Off the top of my head there are 4 or 5 parts that make up the part surrounding the handbrake.

I can give you the instructions from the manual if I know which part needs replacing. :spot on:

I'll find out exactly when I go outside in a bit, but it looks like the clips on the inside of the outer casing have broken.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
The handbrake lever assembly as in the part that you grab? It's a two part case. It's snap-locked together and also has a some adhesive in there from factory.

You will need the upper and lower part of the assembly depending on how broken it is. The top part clips off while the bottom part has one or two torx bit screws holding it in. You will just have to lift out the button assembly. It's pretty obvious once you get the top part off how to flip the button back.

Unscrew the bottom part, screw new piece on. Put button assembly back in. Clip top section in. Job done.

If you're talking about the scalloped cutout where the handbrake rests it's simply screwed in. Pop out the gearshift surround trim (the part that also houses the window switches) there will be a gap somewhere large enough to get a screwdriver in. It's a tight fit so go careful but also dont be too gentle otherwise you wont get it off. From there, you can get to the screws.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Yeah mate, as in the part I grab. It seems the snap locks have broken and adhesive isn't enough to hold it on it's own.

Cheers Sab and MsEnj, I'll probably have to go get the parts from Holden and fix her up. Man I'm gonna have to learn everything again after upgrading from the VT lol.

koins76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I had the same problem with my handbrake handle, a few spots of super glue and a couple of cable ties to hold it together while the glue cured and I haven't had a problem. Its been about 1 1/2 years since I did this.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Haha best solution ever^^^^ only thing it is missing is duct tape :p

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Holden Broke my handbrake cover/case(so called fixing the handbrake) and super glued it back together.I only found out a month later when it fell apart in my hand,they snapped the all the tabs.I went back to see them about it and they said it was not them.......what a load of ****

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Update guys, just in case anyone has the same issue and does a search:

To fix it's a rather simple procedure.

1) If the top is not removed already, do so.
2) Pull the button part upward, it will unclip out of the middle and stay tethered at the back.
3) Unscrew the 2 torx screws and the base cover will drop away.
4) Screw the new base in, using the reverse method of above.
5) Place the handbrake button back in it's clip.
6) The top cover clips on, Holden appear to have an adhesive so I guess you could put you choice of glue in it's place.
7) Just make sure it's all clipped down and flush.
8) Feel all warm and fuzzy cause you fixed something.

The price was $17 (for both of them, the base was $9 and the top $8 or something like that). That's from Holden, as far as I know, only place to get it.

Hope that helps you guys with the same problem.