Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE has many problems, but only service with one dealer which provides warranty

houdini_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE (V-Series) Omega with alloy wheels & rear spoil
Hi,

I bought my 2006 VE commodore (V-series) from a dealer (2 years ago) which requires me to take it back to them for EVERY service to keep the warranty. They also gave me a 2 year extended warranty ontop of the Holden warranty.

The car now has just over 20 000km on & I am slightly concerned about the amount of problems many of you experienced.

My concern is ... Since they are the guys providing the warranty & I HAVE to take it back to them, would they tell me about ALL the problems on my car?

I have read the 2006 model has a lot of trouble, but how will I found out if my car has the same?

Please help.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
The Holden factory warranty DOES NOT require you to take it back to the dealership of purchase for servicing. You don't even need to take it to a Holden dealer at all. Warranty issues however DO need to be dealt with by a dealer.

The extended warranty is the what requires you to go back to the dealership of purchase. I'm not familiar with your contract so not sure if you need to take it back to them from day one, or only for the extended warranty period. Either way, I personally would be willing to forfeit the extended warranty for the freedom to take the car to a decent dealership or workshop of your choice. Extended warranties are generally very limited anyway and they charge you what they want for services since they know they've got you locked in.
I know a couple of people who have had some extended warranty horror stories!

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
Well does the car have a problem from your perspective or are you assuming it has a problem?

houdini_007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE (V-Series) Omega with alloy wheels & rear spoil
Thank you G-force. I will keep that in mind. I thought about booting the extended warranty, but put it on the back burner.

Well does the car have a problem from your perspective or are you assuming it has a problem?

No, I don't know of any major issues yet. However there are two listed in another post (tyre wear & battery). Were the difficulty comes in is that my wife drives the car & am FAR FROM technically minded, so I probably won't even know it is there. Hence the reason why I am reading up on the posts & asking the questions.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
No, I don't know of any major issues yet. However there are two listed in another post (tyre wear & battery). Were the difficulty comes in is that my wife drives the car & am FAR FROM technically minded, so I probably won't even know it is there. Hence the reason why I am reading up on the posts & asking the questions.

Then why do you say it has many problems in the title of your thread?

Reaper

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Then why do you say it has many problems in the title of your thread?

Reaper

To get our attention! lol

...hey it worked didn't it? ;)