Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve headlights can someone please upload a photo of the retainer clips

Arron6885

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve omega
Hey all attempted to change my low beams now the clips weren't screwed in to the other screw and have fallen off. I cannot figure out how they go back and I can't find any photos. If anyone could please upload a couple of photos I would be very helpful of even some direction to whee I can find a photo. Thanks all Arron

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Hey all attempted to change my low beams now the clips weren't screwed in to the other screw and have fallen off. I cannot figure out how they go back and I can't find any photos. If anyone could please upload a couple of photos I would be very helpful of even some direction to whee I can find a photo. Thanks all Arron

Sure mate.

Can you explain a little better and I'd be happy to run outside and take some snap for you. :)

Arron6885

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve omega
Hey mate the metal clip that holds the low beam headlight in. They have been completly taken off and I can't figure out how it goes back. It has two screws. Thanks mate real quick reply too.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
7ase4uje.jpg

This was the best I could do, but I think its good enough. :)

Those clips are a dog.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

aussieboyaussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 VE 2008 Commodore
I dont suppose anyone has a spare passenger side clip? I lost mine (don't ask!) Happy to pay, Im just not paying for a replacement headlight unit! Should add that it's for a 2008 Commodore sv6, VE.

Last edited:

maxthedralf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
i dont know why you unscrewed it. the clip just pops off and you can take the light out.. the clip is on a hinge so it swings out. i changed mine not 2 weeks ago. took me 20 min to change all the lights including the high beams and parkers.. you don't even need to take the bumper off like idiots say to do. just look in your owners manual.. section 6 right at the back. its super easy.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
I dont suppose anyone has a spare passenger side clip? I lost mine (don't ask!) Happy to pay, Im just not paying for a replacement headlight unit! Should add that it's for a 2008 Commodore sv6, VE.

Try a wreckers for that sorta stuff, like the pick a part/remove parts yourself wreckers ;)