Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE headrest DVD

outerwater

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2002, ve2011
Any help please , installing DVD units in the headrest, but not sure where to hook power up to. Units are all installed ready to go just need power.

Car is a VE series 2 Berlina international.

Have noticed in the fuse box at the battery that there is a fuse that says rear seat entertainment on it. Any ideas if this is for headrest DVDs and where the plug would lead to.

Any other ideas would be great.

Cheers.

Yonnee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon 6.0L
The rear seat entertainment is the overhead DVD player in the SSV & Calais V, that also a factory option in other models. The wiring from the fuse box for this will go into the roof.

You could tap into the wire going to the 12V plug in the centre console...

outerwater

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2002, ve2011
The rear seat entertainment is the overhead DVD player in the SSV & Calais V, that also a factory option in other models. The wiring from the fuse box for this will go into the roof.

You could tap into the wire going to the 12V plug in the centre console...

Cheers that my next option any idea how to locate the wires.

Also does this part number mean anything it's a wire that runs to my seat. FUTURIS Part No. AG116315-A

Cheers.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
on the same plug that does the video there is a power wire that runs to the DVD from factory, but the factory dvd is triggered by canbus which u can't use so u might want to wire it to the 3 wire white plug divers side of the radio which is accessories power...

outerwater

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2002, ve2011
on the same plug that does the video there is a power wire that runs to the DVD from factory, but the factory dvd is triggered by canbus which u can't use so u might want to wire it to the 3 wire white plug divers side of the radio which is accessories power...

If i tap into the 12v plug in the centre console which wire brown or black, i assume the brown. Are there any issues using this as the power source.

Also noticed a spare iso harness connecter just to the right of this 12v plug under the rear vents , any idea what this is for.

Cheers.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
will be fine to tap into that wire, not 100% sure which colour it is would be best to test to make sure but middle is power and outer is earth for the cigarette plugs, not sure what the extra iso plug is for either..

outerwater

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2002, ve2011
Cheers, looks like the extra plug may be another accesorries point looks the same as the one under front R/H dash near radio, might be for extra 12v plugs for back of centre console. i'll investigate a little more.

outerwater

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2002, ve2011
Looks like it is the socket for the rear smokers pack, so is another accessorie point. Looks like another mod for some extra 12v sockets.

Cheers.
outerwater.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Looks like it is the socket for the rear smokers pack, so is another accessorie point. Looks like another mod for some extra 12v sockets.

Cheers.
outerwater.
You are right outerwater. Although I did go to Holden parts they reckon they couldnt find a part number for rear smokers pack?

outerwater

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx 2002, ve2011
You are right outerwater. Although I did go to Holden parts they reckon they couldnt find a part number for rear smokers pack?

Dvd units all installed working well, thanks for the info. You can get the smokers packs off ebay but i think ill just fit a couple of extra 12v aftermarket sockets into the back of the console.

kids will be happy now, Trips away will be that little bit quieter now.

Cheers.

Outerwater.