Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Hsv Pics

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
hey i like the idea of the clubby being turbo'd...even if it's crap its a starting point for the turbo of holden (hopefully)...abd naybe they will get it right first go...yessss!!!

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
BadMac said:
Heres what has been speculated so far.

1/ HSV Series 2 will move to the 6.2l engine.
2/ The GTS-R may come back next year with a bigger engine (2 different sizes are rumoured, but 7.0l is one of the possibilities).
3/ Some people do know, they just aren't letting on.
4/ There is a persistent rumour that maybe Clubsport was held back to allow its new engine to finish testing. A Turbo HFV6. OK thats a long shot, but would be good.

Series 2 HSV's will almost definitely get the LS3 I already know that. The LS2 is being succeeded by the LS3, General Motors is getting rid of it in all their 2007 model vehicles. LS3 is 335kw...Also its a 6.4L I believe, not a 6.2L. The GM 6.2L engine is built for SUV's, along with the L76, not a performance engine like the LS2/LS3.

As for the two possibilities, im guessing they are both the Vette engines? The LS7 7.0L current Vette engine and the LS9 (6.4L supercharged LS3) engine... But the LS9 is 485kw, probably a little too much for a HSV hehe

And I heard a few rumours of the twin turbo clubby from a guy that works for Holden a while back... He was definite on it... But nothing more heard since..

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I rekon they need a new Group A or something.....

They had it all, The VN Group A was absolutely mint with a beast of a motor...

Why can't they do it now :(

Cheers
MaT

gargougaflex

My other car isnt hybrid
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SSV Redline Sportwagon + VZ Monaro CV8 M6
oh how i wish that i could afford a E Clubby R8 AND i could insure it, lol.

loving the new series, and i think the matt black, no spoiler thing they have got going on the Senator is awesome. Not the best looking in the burgandy/black black, but if that was silver, that charchol r8 colour, or red for instance (if u'd buy a red senator!) i think it'd look pretty schmick.

you've gotta remember that the senator's been placed to compete with performance BMWs, Audis and the such, so HSV have to keep it lookin hot as well as sophisicated, and i think they've got it pretty spot on.

p.s. love those led tail lights...
*wonders how hard it'd be to get them fitted to standard VEs* :whistling

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
You'd certainly be spewing if you had just paid $72590 + onroads for a VZ Clubsport R8!

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
maxy0987 said:
$65,000, that's cheap :D

No - not cheep for most Australians. If you want a house (or a few) and some sort of family and a life as well that is... I suppose you could finance it to hell but I'd rather not be paying off a depreciating chunk of steal for the next 5 - 10 years!

Didn't John Howard get a wrap over the knuckles for saying a $55,000 Land Rover Discovery was a good value family car a few years back or something like that?

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
To be fair to Maxy, I agree that it is cheap.... for what it is. A Barina is cheap. But compared with other vehicles with similar specs, the HSV is damn cheap at $65K!