Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE II Equipe

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
It's definitely an interesting topic on the oil for the transmissions, well to me anyway.

Mines been changed twice in my VY. At 110k and 220k as recommended by the manual, And it's just rolled onto 307k and still shifting fine. Where as my mechanic has changed transmissions with 60k on them driven by oldies and never flogged.
My father in laws VS has 377k on it, serviced twice ever, and it's been towing trailers most of its poor life, and only now is it starting to slip. Go figure?
Sister owns a Prado, service free auto, never been changed and done 270k and still shifts and drives lovely. It's usually out often 4WDing too.

Definitely not saying do or don't here, Knowing me I'll do it anyway.
Think a lot of it is how often it's driven and how it's driven, and due to a random component failure such as solenoids etc.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
done my auto at 65 and 130k

the 65k service pan was grey from muck etc(car from inner Melbourne) but the 130K was clean as.

80K probably about right these day if towing etc. Full synthetic fluid now days so longer intervals ok.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Ok, so if anyone comes along here's the answers as in the service booklet.

Transmission service is at 150k. Unless excessive start stop driving as in taxi or delivery service, service every 75k
Spark plugs at 120k
Power steering fluid replaced only every 60k if towing or under heavy loads etc.
coolant every 240k or 63 months.
Brake fluid every 2 years or so.
No fuel filter under regular driving conditions.
Oil every 15k or 7.5k under extreme conditions. (I'll do 7500 anyway)

Hope this helps some people.