Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve in the flesh

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Got my service Thusday, my dealer left the windwos to workshop in perfect view of a pair of Royal Blue Omegas and just drove a Calais out into the carpark.

Apparently not meant to be on show until the 12th, but they're making no effort to hide em.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
ATTENTION: People of Adelaide. stop hanging around Holden Dealers hoping to see the all new VE commodore. Head down to Holdens Export Park at Outer Harbour. The cars are parked right next to the fence line 24/7. You can have a good dribble and look at the VE commodore here. Atleast you wont look like a dick dribbling at it if you were to go to the Holden Plant elizabeth or a Holden dealer. a bit more secluded here so you can look all you like. My tips the SV6 AND SSV in Ignition Colour

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
looks like im going for a drive

holdens export park? wheres that?

calaiscruise

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Calais VYII Gen3 5.7L V8 + Impco Sequent LPG
Whilst I am yet to see a VE in the flesh on the road (here in Sydney) I saw 4 Omega's (base models) parked out in the open back-lot of a Sydney dealership. I wandered around for a few minutes to absorb the "new" look. Yes it's a just base models.. but it looks dull, exterior looks like a Falcon and a VZ blended.

The interior (as we've seen) is completely removed from the VY-VZ. But I noticed a rather odd design... the Parking brake handle. When down the "grab handle" forms the side of the centre console. When up it looks like someone carved it out out with a knife, a sharp edged looking "chunk" on the end of a thing metal rod... Yuk!

Apart from that the interior isnt bad.

Rombles

HSVDT #1
Reaction score
Website
rombles.msn.space.com
Members Ride
HSVDT Limited Ed'n Z Series Clubsport #8-6.0L/M6
There has also been heaps of VE's parked at the factory - Drewins, can you confirm if they are still there, or have they all been sent to dealers?

I went to Southgate Holden (SA) today, to book my car in for a service... when I was there last week I would have sworn the sign in the showroom in the empty spot where they normally have a car, said that the VE would be there on the 12th... but today it said the 14th. I was then pointed to the other showroom (the one that used to be the Daewoo dealer), where they had an Omega, a Berlina and an SV6. Sat in all 3, and drooled a lot. The sales guys in there seemed to be having lunch or something, and told everyone that they couldn't really talk about them until they were released on Monday (ie don't bother us today!), but that we could go back to the main showroom for brochures if we were interested... already got mine, so I didn't bother...
Got a postcard in the mail from them last night saying that next Saturday 19/8 they were having a big shindig and would have ALL models there to drool at. Can't wait!

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
just went 2 outer harbour 2 check out the exports, the ssv looks sweet as

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I got a couple of pic's of the VE's yesterday, Not sure if they will all upload it was pretty dark in there at times.

Attachments

• SV6-Centre.JPG
    SV6-Centre.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Omega-dash.JPG
    Omega-dash.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Calais-Dash.JPG
    Calais-Dash.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 301
  • SV6-Front.JPG
    SV6-Front.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 204
  • SV6-Centre-1.JPG
    SV6-Centre-1.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 189
  • SV6-Dash.JPG
    SV6-Dash.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 213

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Couple more, Not really any outside more inside ones, But it was a little dark in there pic's came out pretty **** at times had to pee a few off.

Attachments

• Berlina-Rear.JPG
    Berlina-Rear.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Omega-Taillight.JPG
    Omega-Taillight.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 186
  • Calais-Centredash.JPG
    Calais-Centredash.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 191
  • SV6-Rear-Door.JPG
    SV6-Rear-Door.JPG