Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE INTERNATIONAL Keeps losing reverse

TEEJAY71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 2009
Hi Guy, I'm new here, hoping to get some insight as to what my problem is, I keep losing reverse intermittently, it's works fine if I don't park on an up hill incline and works fine if driven daily, but if l try to reverse on an up hill incline it doesn't want to reverse or if I leave it sitting for a few days it seems to lose reverse, Any ideas anyone ?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Had it serviced recently?

TEEJAY71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 2009
No because I thought I would get on here and see if anyone else has had this problem, before Motors try to tell me I need a new gearbox, because I know that would be a big possibility gor them to try ripping me off considering I'm a female , but I know that's not right, because if the band's were stretched it wouldn't only happen intermittently

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
No because I thought I would get on here and see if anyone else has had this problem, before Motors try to tell me I need a new gearbox, because I know that would be a big possibility gor them to try ripping me off considering I'm a female , but I know that's not right, because if the band's were stretched it wouldn't only happen intermittently
Well I suggest you get the transmission fluid changed firstly and get the transmission shop to scan the TCM if there's any codes.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
You need to start to trust the correct people and get it to an automatic service company before you do MORE damage to it that will cost you more of your hard earned.
The least it will need is a full and proper service. After that I don’t know.
Cars cost money to run and you must expect to spend money on it rather than it breaking down or stopping and really upsetting you.

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
search your local tranmission service centres, read the reviews and go to a good one. Not sure what you have but for comparison my 6 speed auto, full service, flush and filter kit was $390