Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE jerking on take off

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Im told the scheduled service is at 160kms, I had mine serviced at 120kms (full flush, holden dealer - software was upto date Im told) made no difference. Im told its a characteristic of the ve2.

Johnboy....what is this servicing at 160kms etc. are you for real...it is 15000kms....I have a VE ute 195kW 5 speed auto 2008 model with MY09 build 69000Kms..and not had any problems with it what so ever...not like the rest of the posters on this forum...it has been to Cameron Corner and back on some of the worst roads in Oz...you really do not need a 4WD it is all hipe....you only need a 4WD to take the kids to school in the big smoke...any way you are being led up the garden path when they said it was a characteristic of the VE....B S**T !!!!!!!!

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
check your service book. Its also confirms it, even 15kms is to frequent. The old 4l60 is was 12months/20kms. Some auto units are none serviceable and are "life time" units.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
thankyou Pir4te - never heard of the "Fast TAP Re-learn" - sounds like I might try it on my kids too !

I've been meaning to re-read my owner's manual before having another go at this thread, but I've been laid up for a few weeks.
Anyway, when I got my Omega, one of my earliest observations was the lack of a dipstick for the tranny.
So I read the manual, and indeed, it wasn't hiding - there was no dipstick. Anyway, whatever it said next, about being "factory filled", left me with the belief that did not require servicing. So I drove it for three years ... and the tranny became sickly ... so I consulted a local expert. It turns out that the 6-speed auto definitely does need servicing, and it's quite a process (there are other threads here in CCF where this is discussed in detail). So I paid the money, and I had the job done, and the results all that I can hope for, and I'll be getting it serviced regularly from here on.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
check your service book. Its also confirms it, even 15kms is to frequent. The old 4l60 is was 12months/20kms. Some auto units are none serviceable and are "life time" units.

This, don`t believe that. thats what ford said about the ZF 6 speed auto they use.

ZF 6HP26 Transmission Introduction - Furitech Automotive
Service Information
The 6HP26 requires a special oil from ZF there are some oil manufactures that claim there fluid will work however unless its documented that it will work its recommended to use ZF oil. Now vehicle manufactures claim that the transmission is a “fill for life” or “Sealed Gearbox” however with research we have done we have found that ZF claim the Lifeguard 6 fluid is rated to 62,000 miles. See below details

“ZF Lifeguard Fluid, a high-performance lubricant specially engineered by ZF, gives customers a perfectly matched product. The transmission fluid reduces material wear, vibrations and noise for smoother shifting, extended maintenance intervals (100,000 km/62,000 miles), and maximum fuel savings.”

Transmission Rebuilders recommend servicing these transmissions every 60,000kms or 36 Months which every accrues first. It is also recommended on models with a one piece plastic sump to be converted with the more common steel sump with removable filter. The conversion cost about $70AUD more but then you will be saving $70 every service after that as you only need a filter and gasket rather than a complete sump.