Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Low Beam Headlight Fuse Size

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Hi, have a friend that has lost the low beam headlights in her VE. The high beam headlights can be flashed, but the high beams will not stay on. All other lights are OK. Looking at the underhood fuse block in the VE Service/Repair manual, the low beams are powered by fuses F10 (left) and F12 (right), and Relay R6. The one thing I can't understand is that the fuse capacity/size is shown as 10/20. No other fuse seems to have a similar notation - is the size 10amps or 20amps, or is it a "special" fuse?

Obviously, the low beam filaments in the globes could be blown, but fuses/relays are the easiest to check. Any other ideas?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
fuses should be 10A each
dont know what the manual is showing, there are a lot of dodgy manuals around

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
It might mean 10 or 20 depending on options fitted. Maybe.

Are drl's an option on that model?

Im totally guessing that 10 with no drl's, 20 with drl's.

I have nfi though.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi, have a friend that has lost the low beam headlights in her VE. The high beam headlights can be flashed, but the high beams will not stay on. All other lights are OK. Looking at the underhood fuse block in the VE Service/Repair manual, the low beams are powered by fuses F10 (left) and F12 (right), and Relay R6. The one thing I can't understand is that the fuse capacity/size is shown as 10/20. No other fuse seems to have a similar notation - is the size 10amps or 20amps, or is it a "special" fuse?

Obviously, the low beam filaments in the globes could be blown, but fuses/relays are the easiest to check. Any other ideas?

Checked my E3 Maloo handbook, separate fuses for left and right, 10a for halogens, 20a for HID's.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Thanks, I was just this minute looking at the workshop manual and noticed that it said "(BASE/HID) Fuse". Then I logged on and saw your post.

I wonder if those who have installed HID globes should be upgrading their low beam fuses to 20amp? I note that the VF has a 15amp fuse for low beam HIDs.

Last edited:

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
F. I thought my guess was off with the pixies.

Was kind of close though.

Dumb luck.