Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Mirror

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
Hey guys,

I was after some assistance with my passenger side mirror on my VE Series II Calais.

The mirror isn't responding to the button in the car.
I have already taken the cover off the mirror and tested the plug. It is getting power!

So i can only assume the the motor may be faulty.

I was firstly wondering if anyone has already had a similar issue. Secondly - I can't seem to find any guides to disassemble the mirror. I know how to take the cover off. I know how to remove the entire mirror assembly from the door, But I can't figure you how to remove he motor.

Any help or suggestions would be absolutely fantastic

Thanks guys
:thumbsup:

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
The mirror is only held in by push on clips. So once you've taken the cover off, just push on the back of the mirror. Shouldn't take much effort at all. I think that'll give you access to the motors once you unclip the back of that unit.. Unclip the wires on the back first before pushing the mirror out.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
The mirror is only held in by push on clips. So once you've taken the cover off, just push on the back of the mirror. Shouldn't take much effort at all. I think that'll give you access to the motors once you unclip the back of that unit.. Unclip the wires on the back first before pushing the mirror out.

Thanks for getting back to me man, So do you mean to stand facing the car and pull the mirror away from the car? Is there any screws or tabs i need to remove or undo before i give it a rank?

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Ok, if you're not taking the whole assembly off the car, take the cover off the front of the assembly (front of car). You'll see two plugs for the motor controls. There's a little tab and they pull straight outward (toward the front of car, or 90degrees from the wires). A bit fiddly, a little screwdriver helps. Then you just push with your fingers through the assembly on the back of the mirror itself (toward the back of the car). Chances are you might have already popped it out trying to get the wires off. The mirror face and the motors (where the plugs are) is one unit that comes out. Then you can unclip the housing on the back of the mirror to access the motors. I think there was 3 clips, one of mine broke so only two holding it on and it comes out super easy, so you shouldn't have to use much force at all. Unlike a lot of the other clips in the car.
I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't I'll take a few photos and post tomorrow doing it. (I've got an old one lying around as one of the clips holding the mirror in the unit broke when I stuffed up reversing out of the garage, forgot I'd parked over more so a passenger could get out).