Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE money making

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
squire_j said:
hehehe
thast $15m, not $1.5b
$50/car
5,000 cars per month is 60,000 cars per year
that makes it $3,000,000 per year (at $50 per car)
over 3 years, thats $15,000,000, not $1,500,000,000.

to get to 1 billion over 5 years, they'd have to add $334 to every commodore sold. Yet the price has dropped since the VZ... go figure

err i dont think that is right either. 60,000 cars per year for 5 years is 300,000 cars. if you get $334 per cars thats $100,200,000 which is $100 million not $1 billion. to make $1 billion over 5 years would be $3,334 per car. and that only covers R&D. you also need to pay for the raw materials, labour, machinary etc, and then make a profit.

I just want one

Reaction score
Members Ride
WANTED - VP Calais
I dont care what the price of fuel is, I love driving, I love my Holdens and I WILL drive my old fossil devouring VY where ever and when ever I want to.

I love cars, new cars old cars V8's V10's old iron new plastic - it dont matter to me :dance: if it costs me $100 to drive through town in 20 years, then I will be the silly old bugger that kids will point to and laugh....but I will have a smile across my face that no oil company will be able to take away :thumbsup:

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Puggle said:
Yes I'm being a little 'conspiracy theorist' here but consider this:
When the day finally rocks around when cars run on H20 and emit nothing, and fossil fuels are long depleted, we will still be paying $70 to oil companies (now rebranded) to drive our car 500km. There is no doubt they will buy every engine technology they can that threatens their oil market, and when the time comes to use it, replace fuel profits with equal profits from the new technologies.

True that. Just like the current tax free status of ethanol, which will only remain that way until the majority are using it. When we are all using E85 I bet it wont be tax free then.

And I bet that there will never be the ability to produce hydrogen at your own residence if this is the fuel of choice, it will be sold at servos like the current system and personal production will be outlawed as the govt and oil companies wont give up that revenue stream.

It would be interesting to know how much it actually costs to produce a Commodore. In most businesses a 30-40% margin is acceptable. Going on a 30% margin the cost price would be $25368 on a exec with air retailing at $36240 giving a profit of $10872. I realise this is very simplistic as the dealer needs to make a margin too. But they cant be too expensive because Holden sold the GTO in america for something like $20000 less than they sold the Monaro here after taking into account exchange rates.

Last edited: