Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve omega 2007

OMEGA07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF COMMODORE SSV REDLINE
thanks steve
are the under drive balancers a product of yours?
i could only find the 20% under driven power pulley kit
im located in sydney and was wondering if you guys knew of anywhere around parramatta or campbelltown to get both the insulators and pulley installed?

MACE

Reaction score
thanks steve
are the under drive balancers a product of yours?
i could only find the 20% under driven power pulley kit
im located in sydney and was wondering if you guys knew of anywhere around parramatta or campbelltown to get both the insulators and pulley installed?

We only stock Powerbond balances

My apologies, you're correct it's 20% and not 25% under driven

In regards to installation of these items, any trusted/reputable mechanic can fit them for you. If you get stuck can point you in the right direction

Cheers,
Steve

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
OMEGA07 I haven't looked into prices on parts or anything yet so cant help yet.

Steve I got told once before that the under drive balancer were of no use on an auto. How true is this? Also just wondering what they are worth?

MACE

Reaction score
OMEGA07 I haven't looked into prices on parts or anything yet so cant help yet.

Steve I got told once before that the under drive balancer were of no use on an auto. How true is this? Also just wondering what they are worth?

Pretty much all of them I've supplied have been for auto's with only praise for the product, At the moment we have these for just under $300 with many other places selling them closer to $400, so much so we're probably the cheapest powerbond distributor around.

Cheers,
Steve

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Sounds good. I might have to drop by and pick one up in the next couple of weeks. Does it come with instructions?

OMEGA07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF COMMODORE SSV REDLINE
might sound like a stupid question guys but what does the 20% undriven pulley set actually do?

holden_4aw_lyfe

Tsu Tsu Tsu Tsu
Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin Turbo Stroked 4.2LT VT Berlina
Makes all the accessories run 20% slower??? i think. which allows more power to the engine and less to the accessories. I bought one from mace, looks sweet havn't tried it yet though lol. Mate if you need anything talk to Steve he is the one to ask and a great source of knowledge and will help you out with installing any of these products, believe me ive been pestering him for a while now lol and he has done nothing but given me top quality service!

As for the diff ratio, and for someone chasing power, I DEFINATELY of all people recommend a new diff. I done it to my VT, 3.9 ratio, and believe me the ammount of pull it had after it was done was amazing...for anyone doing this specifically i recommend HIGHLY changing the gears. I got a tru trac fitted aswell, which acts as a single spinner untill you give the car crap, and then locks into LSD mode, and both wheels go at it. My speedo is sitting approximately 20kms off where it's supposed to be now lol...

Hope this helps you out mate!!!

MACE

Reaction score
The way an under drive pulley works is that it reduces the amount of power going from the engine to drive engine accessories such as alternator, water pump, power steering pump etc. It also reduces the mass moment of inertia of the balancer meaning that it takes less power to spin.

Cheers,
Steve