Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE rear spoiler

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
yer fair point. i just think they look sleak without the spolier, i guess everyone has different taste. cheers though for the input

You're right... it is personal .... and actually I don't mind that stealth look ... I had a LH Torana that I preferred without flared guards and front and rear spoilers.

So if you're going to get rid of the spoiler, then I'd debadge it as well ... make it really clean. You know you can get them off by wearing a pair of gardening gloves and carefully pulling some fishing line down behind them??? ... none of them have locating pins .. except for the one in the grill, which clips in.

The guys from Chipsaway would probably only charge you $200 to fill the holes in the bootlid and spray them white.

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
nope didnt know that where do you get them from? I might pick myself up a pair of them

Got a mirror??? ... drop your strides, bend over, and back up to it .... you'll probably find one there!!!!!!:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

michaelf

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Hi guys. I have been reading this thread with some interest and finally thought I would post and see what replies I get.

I recently bought a Silver 2007 VE Calais V which had a HSVi spoiler fitted (the same one as on the SV6)

I am not a great fan of it and am interested in getting rid of it, however like everyone else in my situation, don't want the hassles of getting holes patched and respraying etc.

I was hoping that maybe there would be someone out there with a Silver VE (preferably another Calais V so we wouldn't have to worry about badges and mouldings etc) that does not have a spoiler but wants one. Then we could simply swap boots, as long as the boot was in good condition as is mine and the paint colour matched up well enough. (apparently the silver changed in late 2008 onwards from previous models but not 100% sure of this)

This would be a win win situation. I would get my plain boot without having to patch up holes and respraying etc, and the other party would get a spoiler for free. I would even be willing to pay the cost to a professional to do the swap if required.

I am also looking at maybe putting on the bootlip spoiler the current Calais V comes with so if someone already has this but wants the larger SV6 style spoiler I have, I would also be very keen.

Obviously we would have to be at least in the same city as I doubt anyone would drive across the country to achieve this. I am located in Melbourne so anyone in Melbourne with a Silver VE (preferably Calais V) that does not have a spoiler or has a bootlip spoiler, but wants the larger SV6 style spoiler, at no cost, PM me.

Thanks

Michael

Ibby60111

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
I think the difference is that the first model year of the VE's the SS's and SSV's had a high mount spoiler with a black insert underneath and the SV6 one was lower without the insert then they changed it and they all got the lower ones not sure if they've changed it back now or not
ss-v is different than sv6 and ss should be the same as ss-v but i have seen ss fited with bout types, i dont now how or why. difference between them is ss-v spoiler is slightly bit bigger and if u look closer, it looks like it's got two spoilers in one, sort of staggered. here is couple pics so u can see the diff.

59305d1234071466-2008-ve-sv6-dsc00627.jpg

SS-Red-Passion-rear-l.jpg

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
I changed my SS spoiler to a Clubsport spoiler. I think they are a nicer looking spoiler than the boring SS one
F266482D-96F3-4436-AD72-5414312C9EE8.jpeg
0C58270A-3EA1-47BA-BAF7-93898A7C8B41.jpeg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I prefer the little lip that goes on the boot lid. Nice and subtle.

Vonrottes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
you guys that are removing the tall spoiler for a lip are killing me.
I have the ugly Pontiac lip and i would love to get a OE tall spoiler...but don't want to drop a few hundred on an import.

Might just be because in murica we never got the big boi spoiler, instead Pontiac said "let's make this thing look like a grand prix"