Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE rooft light

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Jam your fingers under the front of it, closest to windscreen and pull downwards.

You remove the whole thing not just the clear part.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Been wondering how that thing opens. Mine was full of bugs when I first got it two years ago and not much has changed since then cause I didn't want to break it!

despo

V Fast S furious
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Sv6
Been wondering how that thing opens. Mine was full of bugs when I first got it two years ago and not much has changed since then cause I didn't want to break it!

ahah tats the same with my mates.. theirs two little bugs in there just sitting there and havnt been able to work out how to take it off to clean it out and he wants to replace the globe with a blue led or something

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
LOL, my 1 year old daughter noticed that my roof light had bugs in it and whenever we went out in the car she would point at the light and say BUG, Bug , bug up there, daddy bug... and i got sick of that and pulled it out and cleaned it. The owners handbook has a pretty decent description of how to do it. The tricky bit was pushing the light back into the roof cos the roof flexed and the clips wouldn't grip, I used a paddle pop stick to hold the clips back while i pushed the light up which worked a treat.
That LED idea sounds good, the light could be a tad brighter.

despo

V Fast S furious
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Sv6
LOL, my 1 year old daughter noticed that my roof light had bugs in it and whenever we went out in the car she would point at the light and say BUG, Bug , bug up there, daddy bug... and i got sick of that and pulled it out and cleaned it. The owners handbook has a pretty decent description of how to do it. The tricky bit was pushing the light back into the roof cos the roof flexed and the clips wouldn't grip, I used a paddle pop stick to hold the clips back while i pushed the light up which worked a treat.
That LED idea sounds good, the light could be a tad brighter.
aha tats a laugh.. o so it is in the manual then cause we checked tat out and couldnt find anything on it

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Jam your fingers under the front of it, closest to windscreen and pull downwards.

Did you not read this?

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies

bump guys anyone else know how to do it still having trouble and anyone know where it is in the manual ??

not clear enough for ya? :D

fyi, my manual says take it to holden dealer, and has no removal instructions. So i yanked it out... turns out it's the 'approved' method.. lol same as seat removal...

edit:
aww, got sniped....

Last edited: