Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Seat Problems

GoodKarma

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEII SSVZ wagon & 2009 Cruze diesel turbo
muzz, my next line of approach if they said anything about being a big guy was going to be "Show me where it states in the advertising or Owner's Manual where there is a weight limit on the seat?". If they managed to find something that addresses that, then because I bought the car new I would have said "Then how come the saleman sold me a car he knew would be unsuitable for me?"

But, gladly it didn't even come to that. See your dealer muzz, at least the first replacement is a warranty claim.

BTW andyman, tried your method of getting out of the car. Because I have short legs, when I place my right foot on the ground my bum is on the offending bolster. Therefore weight on the bolster. Thanks for the advice anyway. As I said earlier, maybe Holden just need to engineer their seats properly in the first place.

Rustyone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN LE Standard
Plastic Seat Trim RH Side

Well I had mine replaced under warranty recently. I used the car for a couple of days then went away to work, when I returned the plastic piece of #@#$% had broken and sprung away damaging two of the three "clips".

I removed the fitting and did some measuring and found the hole centre for the seat back winder in the left end and the clip centres are way out of wack, as much as 25mm. As if the trim was made for another size seat altogether. I think GMH should check their specs I am off to the dealer again ....

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
I used to have the exact same problem with an old VY SS I used to have and it was because of my size and dragging my butt across the bolster to get out instead of using my legs properly. Holden always replaced it but I knew it was really breaking because of me even though the part should have been anchored on there a bit stronger I thought.
Sometimes when they would replace it I would break it again only a month later, I think I drove that car around with that part broken more often than not broken.

nousernameyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6
guys u know this thread is two years old lol:rofl2:

Gorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
It happened to me and my dealer said it is a known problem. Apparently because the seats are quite soft and when you get in and out of the car a certain way or for just even sit on them, this plastic moulding snaps off its mounts. The reason for this he said was because the mounts themselves are only plastic. Mine was fixed under warranty and my dealer had gotten a hold of a new mounting kit for these mouldings which are metal and therfore a lot more sturdy.