Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sidi oil?

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
Hi I'm currently due to service my sidi v6 & want just to know what oil you guys out there r using

Also any feedback on your type your using is great

& before people say go to Holden service centre view my car in my signature then. U might realise why I don't want to take it there

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Well I viewed your link. People bring real HSVs to dealerships so not sure why you wouldn't take yours?

Anyway 5/30 or 10/30 oil is recommended. My work uses Magnatec Professional on the SIDIs at work and I use it on my own car (LS1) and have no issues.

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
I really don't like the service u get from the Holden dealers here the local ones not the mech service the stiffs in the suits

My mate works at my local one & could get him to do it here but prefer to just do it myself :)

I know what grade to use I just yeah wanted to know what brands & stuff people out there use

I indeed was thinking bout castrol magnatec but lol the local shops r telling me to ask Holden & my person mech said it doesn't really matter as long as u get the rite grade it's more a personal option it won't effect the new tech engines
I'd prefer to use magnatec cause its suited to more new design engines

My mech friend said Holden actually use a low budget grade oil in there services but the service packs come with a castrol bottle

My car isn't a real HSV model ether just saying & I'm not too worried bout having a log book service history stamped from Holden for resale value or anything like that sort plan convert the car or supercharge it

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Mine gets serviced with dexos1 5w30 rated oil at the dealership

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Dexos is just fully synthetic so any other full synth brands are as good

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i use edge prof 5w-30 at work, used to be slx pro, but the changed the name back to edge.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
Mine gets serviced with dexos1 5w30 rated oil at the dealership

I use the dexos1 as well and I am happy with it, it's fully synthetic and believe its made by Fuchs and cost me $112 for 20 liters.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yes made by Fuchs good oil.

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
i recently used penrite 5w-40 and it's awesome. Also i'll never let another dealer service my car, after 5000kms i had 4 liters of oil in my car :mad::mad: