Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Speakers

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
The boys at Doran Pro Audio in Bankstown have done some amazing installs, i would consider going to see them and see what they can do. Although i dont know Sydney all that well so i wouldnt know whether its close to you or not ;)

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
There's also FHRX Studios at Caringbah NSW wherever that is? They are quite reputable as well. If that's close to you I would definitely give them a go.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Centre Dash Speaker... This speaker has a habit of distorting. I would look at replacing, or even removing it as I think it is pointless
Depending on speaker quality it could indeed be pointless, but it sounds like they were aiming at a 5.0 surround setup.

Out of curiosity, where does this speaker actually sit? I've seen single din size boxes housing 3 x 1.5" speakers for sale, for surround sound purposes.

haksve07

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore sv6
VE in dash speaker

HI guys, Anyone knows how i can go about removing the center dash speaker? i tried lifting off the mesh cover but wasn't sure if this was the way to go. also would you know what size speakers they are?

DJDAM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore
VE Berlina Speakers

Hi
Just wondering are there speakers in the rear back parcel - and if so what size - if no - would it be necessary to put some up there - it's a Holden Commodore VE Berlina - I know there is 3 speakes on the dash - ( 1 centre speaker and 2 tweeters), 2 speakers in the front doors and 2 speakers in the rear door = 7 in total - just enquiring as there's the some mesh area part there are there speakers there - and whether to put them in - thanks heaps.....

gshaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Audio for the SV6 ve range

Hey guys

I have a VE SV6 and wanting to know if anyone else has managed to install a sub in the boot (in its own box). I wanna know if its possible to have 2 10" subs running from the original stereo unit.

I also want to possibly run something in the parcel tray. Can I run these off the speakers in the rear doors and not lose any clarity in both

mickyj222

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Commodoe
Gday guys, I can appreciate that this post is probably slightly of topic for this thread, however I am struggle to find one that stays on topic long enough to find the answers that I am after. I have recently purchased a 2006 model VE, and am interested in upgrading stereo as a fairly high priority. Like many of you I am keen to keep the look of the car as standard as possible, as well as maintaining the steering wheel standard functionality. Has anyone looked into the car System Integration Audio Processor from Alpine, if they have can they send me a PM and let me know if it as good as alpine makes it out to be. It is a fairly expensive option ($700) but it allows for any system noise and equaliser work done by the standard head unit to be filtered out, re-processed and then sent to the speakers; that is uses the standard head unit as an input device before applying the “alpine high quality” sound processing then sending it to the speakers and essentially tuning the car into a high-end sound system (5.1) without loosing the normal functionality.

Aside from that, what sort of out-put quality has everyone found the factory head unit. If the factory speaker outputs are used and the speakers are upgraded does the overall quality increases (and if so by how much) or is it a waste of money. Have anyone looked at creating an 8.1 setup (tweeters, front and rear doors, parcel shelf + sub setup) using a sub modifications and again if so how has this been achieved. Thirdly and finally does the standard single CD unit have the functionality for a MP3 6 stack to be added in the boot?

For gshaw, check out https://forums.justcommodores.com.au thread. By all reports this probably what you would be wanting.

Sorry for the long and off topic post but it is a little hard to find the answers to these questions. If there is a more appropriate place to be posting these questions please let me know. Regards mickyj

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
...... Have anyone looked at creating an 8.1 setup (tweeters, front and rear doors, parcel shelf + sub setup) using a sub modifications and again if so how has this been achieved. Thirdly and finally does the standard single CD unit have the functionality for a MP3 6 stack to be added in the boot?.... Regards mickyj

G'day Micky222
OK first off swap out ALL existing speakers with higher quality ones
the list is endless I have Response splits and CADENCE - ZRS6K from USA will be here soon :yeah:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/1289932-post56.html

get the HU mod done from Phreddy with the (AUX OUT for your MP3 6stacker) keeps the controls and everything stock :thumbsup:
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au

Amps well!! this throws every thing wide open
you'll need to be able to wire up like this BiAmp
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/1292353-post6.html

I've a ute but for your sedan Seperate tunable channels for each tweeter and woofer is required so your looking at 10 chanels + a Sub amp as well
Splits front & rear that's 4 sets
1 set Co-axials for the shelf
and most likely 2 subs as well
would sound awesome :whistling

Wolfeman1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hi all, jst wondering if anyone knew how to take the door moldings off a VE Commodore series II to change the speakers???