Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss axel hopping

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Lol nah just go in and say honey i just spent 5 grand on the motor for our car...just thort id let you know any questions/problems you have with that, unlike my credit card will have a low rate of interest haha

samdssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 VE SS-V Manual
Ok just going out on my own on this one.... i dont really try to do burnouts/skids on road with my VE so not sure i have really experienced this "axle hop"

Although off road can get it to get upset and I have always believed it to Be the ESP or traction,

Turning ESP/Traction Cont off makes it better from my experience in wet off road (like slippery grass paddocks), this is only my opinion but since when esp is on the power is reduced from motor and brakes even applied to stop wheel(s) spin, so I believe when this is turned off wheel spin can still be achieved meaning tyres do not have chance to grip and not accelerated/braked quickly in pulses by esp/traction.

Feel free to clarify this for me but I know to always turn off ESP if i want to leave a few circles, although the suspension upgrades would be the go on road, and i'd say omega baldy stocks not 19" full tread gripsters....