Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Misfiring Under Load (Need Assistance)

boothy_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7, 6 Speed
Hey guys, have a ve ss (09 Model) with mods (MAFless tune, full 3 inch with extractors and VCM OTR(. Have recently come accross the issue that my car is misfiring under heavier loads!

When it first did it, I plugged my scan guage into the car and it threw out a Code (P0102 - MAFless low voltage input) I gather the code is to do with the MAF sensor not being there due to MAFless tune! However when I cleared the code the car went back to normal for a bit, then it has come back aggain!

The car is only 40,000km (out of warranty) so it shouldnt be something like spark plugs/leads! Can anyone shed some light on this frustrating issue!?

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Are you positive it's a mafless tune?

How are the coil packs? any of them breaking down?

boothy_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS 5.7, 6 Speed
Hi Brenno

Not sure what possible way it could not be a MAFless tune, it wouldnt have run at all before hand without the proper MAF Delete? The car has run picture perfect up until now. It can be noted that the vacuum line (the hard pipe one) that is plugged in to the VCM OTR Box HAD fallen out when it first occured, however it is back in now, so not sure if that is still an issue?

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
True seems odd.. But saying it's happening under load is what leads me to think it could be either coil packs or maybe spark plugs? But the code the engine is throwing I've never encountered so I'm flying blind.. Mightn't hurt to wait and see if someone has some better info..

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
My old LS1 did the same. I'd put my foot down and she was splatter and wouldn't go anywhere. missfiring. anyhow my brother had plugs sitting around and put them in and she was all good again. ???

surfer_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
408 turbo ssv ute
had this problem with my ve, definatly sounds like leads or plugs. get some new plugs and see how they go. check where the leads plug onto the coil packs and spark plugs also. hopefuly it dosent lead to a more serious problem.

HEKYEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged 2010 VE SS-V
Why not take it back to where it got tuned??

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Has the car recently been serviced by Holden ?
(Just wondering if they did a software update, that undid the tune ?)
You shouldn't really be getting MAF DTCs with a Mafless tune !
Something here is not right, and like HEKYEH says, I would be at least emailing the tuner and asking what may be causing the problem ?

The other thing, because the engine is running a tune, its probably a good idea to pull one of the plugs and check their condition.
Your tune my be running bit of timing advance that requires the plugs to be in optimal condition.
(Likewise, you might be running rich somewhere, and the plugs may be fouled and need a clean)...
40,000Kms for a plug change is very rare, however because the tune here is a BIG ????? I would be checking at least one of these
to see what condition they are in.