Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS modifications

webby123

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss v
Also what sort of performance times would you be looking at donw the 1/4 mile with say the power of that VE SS ute ??

I'm guessing some wide slicks would be useful with times.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Thanks for clearing that up wogboyz. My mistake.

You'll find the three inch a bit louder but significantly deeper and more of s rumble while the 2.5 is raspier with a bark when you punch it. You can get 3 inch systems that aren't too loud though... Just depends on the centre mufflers really and the layout of the pipes. 3 inch is my preference and what I'll be fitting but it's a personal thing.

webby123

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss v
Yeh fair enough . Im just in a car atm that idles like it's got touretts syndrome, lol . Just need something quiter for the passengers in the car as it will be a family car in the near future. Can't have it screaming at the lights . Don't mind when i boot it though . Does the cam make any difference to noise other than a rougher idle ??

wooddyy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
i have a full 3" on my ss ute i have posted a link to it check my topics its on that .

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Also what sort of performance times would you be looking at donw the 1/4 mile with say the power of that VE SS ute ??

I'm guessing some wide slicks would be useful with times.

i have 335kw and im getting 12.9 down the 1/4 mile
Just got a new chlutch put in because the old one couldnt handle it
Ive got some 17 inch Micky Thompsons semi slicks

webby123

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss v
Will do Woody , cheers.

So still, would anyone either like to take me for a solid spin/drive in either a stock ve ss or a modified ve ss cos i havnt actually had the chance to LITERALLY see what either can do :) .

webby123

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss v
Hmmmm , ok then , 335rwkw and 12.9 1/4 mile ?? I actually find that bad, no offence what so ever.

My old car could do high 10's low 11's easy, so need something that will dip into the 11's without too much trouble !!!

Any opinions or other cars i should be looking at ??

Cheers

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Scratch that. It's a single turbo kit from HPF and it's perfectly streetable. No cam change so could be an option. Also, a decent blower set up will do 10s. The commodore is a lot heavier than your evo so 330 isn't really a lot for it. You will be able to get an N/A package doing those times but will be very pricey (not that superchargers are cheap!) speak to a performance shop and see what they recommend. CHE have a couple of 10s VEs from memory