Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS sedan or utility, you vote

what do you like more VE SS sedan or ute

• Sedan

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Ute

Votes: 44 59.5%

• Total voters

VESSCHICK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
Righto Ive made up my mind LOL its gonna be a VE SS V, 6 speed manual ute, in either green, blue, black or maybe silver lol. To begin with a am gonna lower it and put on either a KPM 3" or di filippo exhaust and tune :) :) cant wait

VESSCHICK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
Just one more question for you all, from 2007-2010 did the shape of the VE SS V ute change at all?? or has it just stayed the same the whole time? Thank you

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
It's pretty much stayed the same.

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
well when i was looking...it was gonna be a black ute, i ended up with a white sedan haha comes down to price in the end (which it did for me). But now looking at it, getting the sedan was a good thing practically, looking to the future, i can keep it if i have a family etc...ute id more than likely have to sell at some stage.

Each to their own :)

I do like the utes, but either can look good with the right mods. I'll see a black ute looking similar to the way i would have modded it driving round and think 'oh man i should have held out and found one' but the logical part of my brain kicks in and reminds me that the sedan is a better choice for the future haha

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
Yeah i had the same trouble but ended up with the sedan, i still prefer the ute in the looks department, i believe they look more sporty/sleek and look very nice lowered with hard lid, i ended up with the sedan because it was a bargin, i have a girl friend, no kids and i hate driving others around in my cars, the only person i ever have in my VE SS V sedan is the girl friend, and now always have mates nagging for a lift or if i can take them for a drive, in some ways i wish i held out for a ute lol but i have best of both worlds because my old man has a VE maloo and lets me take it for the odd cruise.

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
Hey guys/girls just a curious question with the VE SS V ute been more heavy than the standard VE SS ute is it actually noticeable like the weight difference??? Like is the VE SS ute quicker than the VE SS V ute or is the weight differnce that small you would not even notice??????????????? cheers

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
If you go back a few posts you will see I have posted the weights, I doubt there is enough difference to make them faster/slower.

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
I was just on the holden web site, the SS ute weighs 1768 kg and the SS V ute is 1780 kg
the SS sedan is 1754 kg and SS V sedan 1777 kg, not sure if to get the lighter SS or the SS V

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I was just on the holden web site, the SS ute weighs 1768 kg and the SS V ute is 1780 kg
the SS sedan is 1754 kg and SS V sedan 1777 kg, not sure if to get the lighter SS or the SS V

You'd never let a 23kg weight difference be a deciding factor in buying a Commodore. There's no way you'd notice it.