Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Ute flatspot / surging

Indie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Hi Folks

I've recently bought a stock VE SS manual Ute and I've noticed it is surging/jolting under moderate acceleration, kind of like a quick flat spot in the engine... When I floor it, it is ok, and when I just touch the accelerator it isn't too bad, just anywhere in between it gives me grief.

My guess is a gunked up throttle body, but hoping someone on the forum can give me guidance so I can avoid doing 100 things before I find the issue.

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I've searched and couldn't find any related topics.

Thanks in advance!

Indie.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Ok, a different car but similar sounding issue. Mine may have had a couple of issues at once as well. The first thing I did was to clean the TB. Easy job, didn't remove it. Just be aware the workshop manual says not to use cleaner that contains M.E.K. because of the electronic component. Pretty sure I didn't see this until I'd cleaned mine, as the can I had in the cupboard (and think I used) did contain it. But I sprayed the rag, not doused the TB. It didn't cause issues. This improved things. I still had a little bit of an issue, which was gearbox related (auto). So if that doesn't work and you've got an auto, I have 2 more simple things that fixed my issue.