Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS-V tail lights for SV6

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Hey guys, I've just bought a brand new SV6 and I get it within the next month.

I'm looking at doing the tail light swap and was wondering how hard it is to do the swap myself? Is it pretty straight forward and simple?

Its so easy, you open the boot, undo a few clips on the boot lining, peel it back to get to the inside of the tail light then just 3 nuts hold the tail lights in place

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
On this topic what looks better the SSV or stock SV6 rear lights? I'd love to swap to the SSV ones but my trouble&strife reckons the crap look'n Korean red ones look better...might have to fix one up so I have to replace them :)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
On this topic what looks better the SSV or stock SV6 rear lights? I'd love to swap to the SSV ones but my trouble&strife reckons the crap look'n Korean red ones look better...might have to fix one up so I have to replace them :)

A hammer is good for that. SSV lights are definitely the goods.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Got to love the SSV tail lights all the rest (excluding the HSV line up) they look like $2 shop items compared to SSV!

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
All right...took a few days but talked her around...will put that order in for some SSv taillights before Fathers Day....goodonya kids :)

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Just trying to change my taillights...have undone the 3 nuts on the lights but it seems to be held lower down on the lights...surely I don't have to remove the bumper area? Help?

Last edited:

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
....it's allright was just being a softcock :)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Not sure how much help this will be... It's been a long time since I pulled the lights off a sedan... But in older models, there was also a plastic clip or two holding the lights in place. Used to just give it a nudge on the inside edge to pop the light housing loose. Certainly never had to remove the rear bar. But double check all the screws are out before you go smacking it around... And please don't take this as gospel. The last one I did was my sister's VT.

Good luck!