Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV Ute Tub Liner

menace364

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I was wanting to remove my raty old poly liner from my VE, if i pull it out what covers or holes etc need to be put back in place so the underlying steel bed is presentable? I then intend to rubber spray the bed. I dont use the tray for much and just want it looking great.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I was wanting to remove my raty old poly liner from my VE, if i pull it out what covers or holes etc need to be put back in place so the underlying steel bed is presentable? I then intend to rubber spray the bed. I dont use the tray for much and just want it looking great.
Nothing. Just remove the liner.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The liner is easy to pull out.
It might shock you when you see what is underneath.
What you propose to do won't actually work.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
In a VE the tub liner is pretty much essential. I too would love to remove mine but it would take a fair amount of fab to make it work. I wish it was like the old Gen II. They were the perfect platform to remove the plastic liner and blow in some Raptor and add a carpet floor.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d just take out the liner. Clean up the tray which will look mint.

Then get some black marine carpet from Bunnings. Some heavy duty adhesive Velcro from there as well. 6 tabs of it is plenty to hold the carpet in place. Looks a treat.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I’d just take out the liner. Clean up the tray which will look mint.

Then get some black marine carpet from Bunnings. Some heavy duty adhesive Velcro from there as well. 6 tabs of it is plenty to hold the carpet in place. Looks a treat.
And what about the holes in the sides?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
In a VE the tub liner is pretty much essential. I too would love to remove mine but it would take a fair amount of fab to make it work. I wish it was like the old Gen II. They were the perfect platform to remove the plastic liner and blow in some Raptor and add a carpet floor.
Here's a couple of pics when I was installing the cargo tie down rails in the Maloo.
Malootub1.jpg

Malootub2.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
@Fu Manchu if it could be done without fabbing then I would have already done it and there would be pics on my build thread.

menace364

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
And what about the holes in the sides?
Yeah i was wandering about the holes on the side where the tail light access is, i have seen these when i had the poly access covers off to replace the globes at back, then wondered how many other panel holes there were etc

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah i was wandering about the holes on the side where the tail light access is, i have seen these when i had the poly access covers off to replace the globes at back, then wondered how many other panel holes there were etc
I wanted to Raptor mine so I pealed back a side and realised it was just not going to happen on my budget.