Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve starting problems

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
I reckon your on the money with the regulator. Anyway good luck and hope it doesn't cost an arm or leg.

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
I'm hoping it's the starter motor solenoid sticking

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
So I had enough and called a friend with a scan tool from snap on, plugged it in read the codes, there was a code for TAC or something he had a look around and bingo the breather hose from the air flow to the rocker cover was off on the rocker cover end, my fuel consumption was high my idle was a fraction rough,my starting was sometimes hard and I was blowing a fraction of dark smoke out the exhaust when I gave it to it cold, re attached it erased faults road tested and all good, a great outcome

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
So it still happens but is a lot better, does the mixture adaptions need to be reset due to the unmetered air?? Anyone got any info on the fault code p068 throttle actuator control bank 1 cheers again

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
I would have thought if he put the hose back in place first then cleared the codes it should be ok but resetting the codes won't reset the engine or the management of said engine or damage (if any is done) I think a VE veteran would be best to answer this question mate.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Oh almost forgot you could try unhooking the battery terminals and leaving them off for an hour or two, I don't know if it'll be of any help but you can only try.

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
So I think it's adapted the fuel trims by itself hasn't happened In the last 2 daya

*NAT@

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ve sv6
Did anyone ever find an answer? Mine is doing this. Only on hot days or after I’ve driven it for ages, losing power that I used to have no trouble with, sometimes stalls on me ve sv6 06

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Pour cold water on the crank angle sensor, then try to start. If it starts, theres a solid chance thats the issue.