Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve stock hu + sub/amp?

T-MaKK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY Executive
in an attempt to keep the clean stock look of the interior id like to wire an amp into the stock headunit.
i was wondering how hard this is going to be, if there is a adaptor type plug that gives me some RCAs to plug straight into, or if im going to have to splice into some cables somewhere?

also im not sure if this is in the right forum, if not please move.

cheers, tom.

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Hey Tom,

You will either need a loc (line out converter, can get them from jaycar for like $15) and run RCAs to your amp or tap into the speaker wires to the high level outputs on ur amp (if it has them). The loc gets its signal by tapping into either your front or rear speaker lines. It will all be hidden behind your trim aswell, so it keeps a factory look :)

Hope that helps..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Well I've just tapped into mine up near the head unit where the wires go in the side of the hu, then have the loc in there cos there is heaps of room and it's easier to get both left and right signals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
ok cool what panel did you take off to get in there?

On the drivers side there is two panels that u take out, the upper one has two clips - one closest to you pull directly down and the one furthest away just pops out if u push on the plastic. The lower long plastic that runs along next to the chair/brake etc just pulls straight down.

Once u have those out of the way you will see all the wiring.

alan_blue

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve ss
ok cool will have a go soon, is it easy to identify the wires for speakers?

Drenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive utility S3
Also don't hesitate to disconnect the centre 4" speaker on the top of your dash. even with subs and amps you'll be able to hear it distorting at high volumes!

Drenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive utility S3
also just be careful as if you short any wires on the head unit, its expensive to replace as it contains the bcm (body control module) for your car - it can be tricky to identify the wires especially if you're still pretty new the audio side of things - best bet is to take it to a car audio shop and just have them fit the loc's mentioned above - saves u time hassle and possible injury to your car - shouldnt cost too much no more than $80