Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 brakes

liljaycee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
i obviously spoke too soon.. mine starting sqealing yesterday so i just got back from dropping my car off at holden to get the brakes checked.. if they need replacing its $360 for 2 pads!!!!

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
way to pricey bendex pads are bout $60 plus maybee 1/2hr to fit genuines go for bout $150 thats still $200 labour i would be sereosly questioning that

liljaycee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
yeh i know im getting ripped off but i have no one else to do it. all the mechanics in town have a bad rep.. including holden.. but im female, 19 and drive a ve.. i get quoted ridiculous prices whenever i need something done to my car..

i cant put a price on saftey.. $360 is a joke.. but not being able to stop intime and possibly killing someone isnt worth it..

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
rock and a hard place gotta hate that

jono0309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
mine started squeeking after 2000kms, its now at 5000kms and it does it on and off...can it be caused from driving in a spirited manner?
Cheers

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
about to go in for 3000 km service tuesday next week and I have noticed some brake squeal at low speeds...car park speed. I'll get it checked and while I'm at it ask about the software upgrade that is being reported to hold up the delivery of MY10 Commodores.

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
Took it in to the dealer today and they inspected it, found a collection of brake dust and washed the brakes out. No sign of noise yet.. They suggested it was the bedding in process...plausible. Let's see if it comes back...

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
another 1300 km on the clock....squeaking again (I'd more descriptively call it "singing")..
:-/