Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Buying Guide Help

All5litres

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE Omega
Im just worried about trans/motor issues.

Me too and I'm no mechanic but my understanding of the alloytec is if the timing chains don't get you, the motor will lunch itself due to sludge or you will have to tear it down anyway because of carbon issues. They don't seem to be an engine that will just keep going forever like an Ecotec. Of course regular servicing will help but the price of a new engine would make most wallets cry.

Seriously thinking about letting mine go, I've spent a fortune on it but I'm just not getting any reliability from it at all, fix 1 thing and something else carks it.

Micaxe

Reaction score
Members Ride
9/17 SSV Redline & 83 VH SS
At least if you go after a manual, probably will have been privately owned, so will miss the company car hacks & rentals. Service history vital but still no guarantee

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
At least if you go after a manual, probably will have been privately owned, so will miss the company car hacks & rentals. Service history vital but still no guarantee

At least with the rentals and I would say most company cars, they do get serviced, but it's a matter of on time or not. I had an MY10 SV6 ex rental until about 18months ago. I bought it 18 months old 45,000 Km, I traded it with 109,000 Kms on it. I never had any problem with it. Maybe I got out of it at the right time.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
and look for coolant leaks ...the thermostat housing back of the engine, water pump and o rings at the front and heater tap