Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 "clunk"

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Mine is a March '08 model so that would make sense ...

I was just talking to Dad, he's concerned they'll charge me heaps for labour - will that come under warranty also?

no its a warranty job-as its a techline repair

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I was just talking to Dad, he's concerned they'll charge me heaps for labour - will that come under warranty also?

As Vicarious said, it's a Warranty job, labour and parts will be covered.

jono0309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
My car is now lowered, I have SSSL's on it, is this under warranty if it is a suspension problem? Or is my warranty now void because of the aftermarket springs?
Cheers

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
My car is now lowered, I have SSSL's on it, is this under warranty if it is a suspension problem? Or is my warranty now void because of the aftermarket springs?
Cheers

Im 90% sure that your warranty will be void on your suspension. The Techline calls for a correction of the Holden springs, not aftermarket springs.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
RE: the clutch post, it's an auto so that rules that out unfortunately :p

I took Dad for a drive in it today, and still no clunk - I think he thinks I'm imagining things!

I'm kinda determined to find out what I'm doing when it happens so that I at least can give the dealership some kind of useful information, you know? Otherwise I'm worried they're going to look at me (19yo girl) and think I'm some silly girl who knows nothing :p

get the front strut bearings checked they can cause a clunk and a bit vage fealing in the steering
dont let them talk you out of warranty if its lowerd if the bearings are clunking there is a techline fix for them the dealer should know make them do it

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
get the front strut bearings checked they can cause a clunk and a bit vage fealing in the steering
dont let them talk you out of warranty if its lowerd if the bearings are clunking there is a techline fix for them the dealer should know make them do it

So you expect Holden to cover warranty on a part that would have been removed by some third party, and then put back in the car? What's to say that the third party workshop hasnt caused the fault?

If the noise was present before you lowered the car, assuming that you've got two braincells to rub together, you would take the car to Holden to get them to check it would you not? Instead of just saying "If i put these lowered springs in, it will solve my problem"

If the noise is only present after you have had the car lowered then i would be doing what Holden would be likely to do and telling you to go back to the place that fitted the lowered springs.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
if you modify anything to the suspension the whole lot is voided suspension wise and possibly steering as well i agree with SabbathSS in this case you have no case with Holden put the suspension back to stock and see if it still does it...if yes than take it to Holden... It's possible something is at fault as my sv6 clunks every now and than and its stock im thinking bout taking it back to them. but if you rock up to Holden with lowed aftermarket stuff....they will say cya

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
if its a knock over samll undulations in the road, could be the dodfy engine mounts some ve's had, there is a bulletin about it too

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
If anyone is going to lower their rides, speak to your holden dealer first.

I spoke to mine and got told that if I get all my modifications done at a certain workshop, then my warranty will not be voided.